i run both and i'm elated with the quality of tones i get. i do carefully select the things i use though.
Nope- digital preserves exactly what comes in.
Quote by corduroyEW
Cheap amps are "that bad". They suck up your tone like cocaine at Kate Moss' party.

I am Michael!
i have many digital effects that sound very "warm." i also have some analog pedals that are meant to sound very digital. i take each effect by its own merit and see if its good for what i aim to do.
Quote by tubab0y
Nope- digital preserves exactly what comes in.

its just when i use my boss ge20 eq which is very clinical and cold sounding it seems to take away from my holy grails warmth. Maybe its the order ive got them in.
Quote by TehJermie
i have many digital effects that sound very "warm." i also have some analog pedals that are meant to sound very digital. i take each effect by its own merit and see if its good for what i aim to do.

i understand but im talking about a chain rig.
Quote by TroyMaclure
i understand but im talking about a chain rig.

my direct to amp signal is almost identical to me running my effects chain(a LOT of pedals both digital and analog)
my response isn't dulled or anything. of course im using phenomenal custom cables.
I've used a mix and my cables are made from switchcraft plugs and whatever coax the time warner tech was using when he installed my cable. He happened to leave a crap load at my house, so that's what I made my cables from. Great stuff too...no microphonics and no noise issues.

As far as your question...no, I've never run into any issues running both digital and analog effects. I loved my GT-8 and I had no "tone loss" running that along with my analog effects and tube amps. "Tone loss" is a funny pairing of words...as long as the end result is something good, then what have you lost? The key idea to remember is quality, not medium. It doesn't matter if you've got digital or analog as long as it is a quality piece that is in good working order, does not introduce noise into your rig and supports your sound to your liking.
^ you hit the nail right on the head.
my cables are all made by a local audio engineer. he has is own studio as well as building audio systems for many musicians and local studios, tv stations, etc. he has a stock of this ridiculously expensive but amazing quality european audiophile cable. it just pushes so much of the original signal through. flat too, no added eq. the increased volume and response is incredible. he orders in such bulk that he gets great prices, and in turn he makes cables for about half what you'd pay for the monster cable equivalent. handmade, soldered, with the best quality jacks too.