alright this is the latest version of a riff I made a while ago called metal riff 1(thread title is this any good). There's a really rough solo in there, just a sample/idea that may or may not be scraped completley.

Differences from original

faster tempo
2 new riffs
small solo(really, rough)
more refined

Leave a link when you done!

NOTE: don't take the solo too seriously. It will almost surely be changed
Attachments:
Metal Riff 1.zip
Last edited by British_Steal at Sep 4, 2007,
i dont really have much to say about it. all the riffs were pretty solid and sounded great. however, the solo was unfortunately horrible. i really think you should go in a completely different direction for it, because it just wasn't good at all. sorry. but the rest was great!
...Nothing you've ever...
...Planned on ever turned out...
...The way you planned...

...You're still disappointing them...
Quote by Its_Rock77
i dont really have much to say about it. all the riffs were pretty solid and sounded great. however, the solo was unfortunately horrible. i really think you should go in a completely different direction for it, because it just wasn't good at all. sorry. but the rest was great!

that's totally fine that's a really rough solo there.

the point is that the solo is going to have a groove to it but still be metal.

The important thing is that you like the riffs
Yeah, this was way better than your old one. The tempo was good, and the bass was good, and the guitar was solid. The solo was actually kind of cool for the first couple of measures, but then it went downhill. I still think you should add drums.

Crit the second one in my sig please.
I'm a person.
The rhythm works great, drums would be good with this but will be tricky I guess. Keep working with it!