I just bought a used amp, and it has a footswitch, and its not working, and I cant figure out if i'm doing it wrong, or if the the thing is just broken. So if someone could tell me exactly what to hook it to (pretend your talking to an idiot), then that would really help.
Quote by Zach_F
Please take your friends instruments, and burn them. Burn your friends too if you'd like.
footswitch could be broken.. open it up and see if everything is connected properly. if not, the footswitch's cable could have a short in it.

this is kind of an obvious statement, but make sure it's plugged into the jack that says "footswitch", haha
It is, but theres two jacks on the footswitch, so I dont need to hook anything else to it do I?
Quote by Zach_F
Please take your friends instruments, and burn them. Burn your friends too if you'd like.
your head and footswitch are probably mis-matched. what amp and footswitch are you trying to use?
There both crate, I'm pretty positive that its the one for the amp that I have.
Quote by Zach_F
Ok, so as far as you can tell its hooked up right? Do you know why there would be two jacks on the footswitch?
Quote by Zach_F
one jack is for reverb, the other is for channel switching, i'm quite sure of that.

there may be a jack in the back of the head that says "reverb" or something
Do you have the channel switching button pushed in on the face of the amp? Might not work if you don't.
Do you have the stereo-to-mono Y cable thingy that those Crates require? If you've only got a mono cable it won't work.
Quote by pinkhaze29
When I got my crate it took me an hour to realize I had to plug it in the back, not the front lol.

What model is it?

The amp head is a GT1200H, I've got it hooked up and switching from either clean to rythm or clean to solo, but I cant switch between all three, and ya one of the jacks is for reverb, and that works, I dont have an extra cable so I cant use both...
Quote by Zach_F