Quote by Jayez
possible? practical?

Nuts... get a better guitar if u want to rock a EMG (mahogany body would do that work).
Quote by TooLateForRoses
"My anus is bleeding uncontrollably, what should I do?

Quote by GuitarNinja12
I have a Fender DVD and theres a tour of the Factory in California that makes American Strats. All of the employees were mexican. So American Strats are also Mexican Strats.
haha yea i thought it was a crazy idea. i dont have enough to buy a guitar atm, as im going to buy a tube amp first..im looking at these two currently :

http://www.guitarcenter.com/shop/product/B52-60Watt-1x12-Tube-Combo?full_sku=103733606
http://www.zzounds.com/item--VOXAD50VT

also, how about replacing my current pickups with these :

http://www.emginc.com/displayproducts.asp?section=Guitar&categoryid=13

their noiseless atleast, so id be able to turn up the gain/distortion or whatever you want to call it..
if you want a tube amp go with the vox but they do tend to get a little too bassy when you turn them up loud. still a great amp.
GAS LIST

Z.Vex SHO
AnalogMan Stereo Chorus
Barber Tone Press
Way Huge Supa Puss
Quote by CullenT
if you want a tube amp go with the vox but they do tend to get a little too bassy when you turn them up loud. still a great amp.

well, im going to use it as a practice amp, so if almost full volume is your definition of loud ill be fine.

thanks for the help.
wouldnt hi-output pu's sound really trebly in an alder guitar? im not for sure but i wouldnt go with emg's
^ guys the valvetronix isn't an all-tube amp. It's a hybrid which I think uses a tube in the preamp section
Quote by Blacksun
^ guys the valvetronix isn't an all-tube amp. It's a hybrid which I think uses a tube in the preamp section

any suggestions on other amps i should look out for?
i have a crate v1512..its all tube but not really good for metal unless you soup up your guitar a little and have some kind of distortion pedal to it...the headroom is absolutly stunning though
Quote by Blacksun

You're right.
They use a 12AX7 in the preamp stage, and the poweramp is solid state.

But that doesn't mean they sound bad. I'm told they have the best sound out of all the modelling amps.

People on this forum seem to grovel at the feet of Fender tube amps, and Crate tube amps... Best for the money, they say.
Epiphone Les Paul goldtop (EMG 81/85)
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Fender Telecaster MIM
Epiphone SG Special
Jay Turser JT200 Serpent (GFS Crunchy Rails/Crunchy Pat)
Dean V-Coustic
Ovation Celebrity
Bugera 333-212
Crate Blue Voodoo 120H
If you want higher output like humbucker sound from a tele I think you should just get a 4-way switch. The 4th position is both pickups in series, which basically makes a humbucker out of the 2 single coils. It's the highest output and fattest sounding. It's also only like $10 so it's worth a try to see if you like it before you go buying a whole new set of pickups.

If you still wanted better it is possible to put EMGs in it. but it's gonna be expensive and take a fair bit of work. And I would but an 85 in the bridge instead of an 81 which will make it a bit less trebly.