i am looking for a distortion pedal that does not sound like a digital piece of ****.

i am looking for something that is good for audioslave/tool/ rage against the machine covers.

i have a budget of a hundred dollars.

i want something with good tone, not just digital garbage, i have a Spider II, and many other line 6 products i regret buying. i just want something good for gigging/studio that i can run through my clean channel while playing my RATM and tool covers.

please tell me of a pedal that can do this, i have not found one yet.
thanks.
-------Gary Coy Smith---------

Epiphone G-400 1966 RI
Dean ML XM
EHX Big Muff
Epiphone Valve Jr
Guitar Rig 4
Last edited by buddyhimself at Sep 3, 2007,
i say sell the spider and use that money along with the 100 bucks and save for a new amp that is good.

But if you cant do that, your kinda screwed because pedals dont go well with modelling amps most of the time and i doubt there is an exception with the spider.
use a ds1, tone at 9 oclock and distortion at about 4 oclock, on the neck pick up of your guitar. you'll get that classic freedom sound.
gear

Fender Standard Tele (with kill-switch)
PRS SE Custom
Fender Hot Rod Deville
Boss DD-3 Delay
Boss GE-7 Eq
Boss DS-1 distortion
Electro-Harmonix Big Muff
Boss CS-3 Compression
Digitech Whammy
Dunlop ZW-45 Zakk Wylde Signature wah
Quote by acdcrocks0323
i say sell the spider and use that money along with the 100 bucks and save for a new amp that is good.

But if you cant do that, your kinda screwed because pedals dont go well with modelling amps most of the time and i doubt there is an exception with the spider.

i just remembered the time i played a spider with my pedal board....... what i said before might not sound as perfect as i put it
gear

Fender Standard Tele (with kill-switch)
PRS SE Custom
Fender Hot Rod Deville
Boss DD-3 Delay
Boss GE-7 Eq
Boss DS-1 distortion
Electro-Harmonix Big Muff
Boss CS-3 Compression
Digitech Whammy
Dunlop ZW-45 Zakk Wylde Signature wah
get a DS-1 and play around with it, it's cheap, and it will work.
_b l/ink youreyes /1 for yes 2 fo_r n o