As some of you may know, I'm a big fan of Rage Against the Machine.

Now, what I'd like to know is: How the hell does Morello play Bullet in the Head? More specifically, the verse part. I've heard he uses the Whammy pedal set 2 octaves up and just plays the open G and D strings, but I've tried it and while it sounds closer than anything else I've tried, it's still very different.

Anyone know how to play it or know how it's done?
ok heres the run down, its the whammy, and he does all the down beats with the kill switch, (you better know what that is if you call yourself a morello fan) and while hes doing that hes pulling up on the floyd rose and then pushes it down, its not him rocking the whammy back. for those little bird things he leaves it two octaves up, i think he plays a harmonic, depresses the floyd rose, and pulls it up along with the kill switch. the solo is killswitch and wah. i think that covers it
gear

Fender Standard Tele (with kill-switch)
PRS SE Custom
Fender Hot Rod Deville
Boss DD-3 Delay
Boss GE-7 Eq
Boss DS-1 distortion
Electro-Harmonix Big Muff
Boss CS-3 Compression
Digitech Whammy
Dunlop ZW-45 Zakk Wylde Signature wah
Yes, I'm well aware of the killswitch, and I can use one quite well.

Thanks though, I'll give it a try.
hey mabey one of u two can help me, ive been searching for the tabs to a RATM song but i dont know the name of it. i do know the lyrics goe like " Runin down the family, with a pocket full of shells" i think. but anyway that songs badass and if u know the name tell me
Quote by acid_burner
hey mabey one of u two can help me, ive been searching for the tabs to a RATM song but i dont know the name of it. i do know the lyrics goe like " Runin down the family, with a pocket full of shells" i think. but anyway that songs badass and if u know the name tell me

its called bulls on parade, its "rally round the family, with a pocket full of shells". PM me if you need help figuring out how to do the effects and ****, for any RATM song for that matter, i pretty much know all of them
gear

Fender Standard Tele (with kill-switch)
PRS SE Custom
Fender Hot Rod Deville
Boss DD-3 Delay
Boss GE-7 Eq
Boss DS-1 distortion
Electro-Harmonix Big Muff
Boss CS-3 Compression
Digitech Whammy
Dunlop ZW-45 Zakk Wylde Signature wah