I am going to buy an OD pedal pretty soon to boost my Tiny Terror. I need it to definitely be under $200, preferably under $120. It should sound overdriven, not distorted. I want it to push my tubes and help them sound driven at lower volumes. I play a lot of genres, but I want this OD for classic rock and blues (for stuff that sounds like The Who in "Don't Get Fooled Again"). Also similar sounds to Eric Clapton / Cream or SRV. By the way, I don't care if it is true-bypass or not, because the pedal will be on over 90% of the time I'm playing. BTW, I have an Orange Tiny Terror and an Ibanez RG .
The TS808 looked good, but I don't want to spend that much and I'd perfer not to go used. I thought about getting the BYOC clone of it, but that is the kind of thing that I'd mess up and ruin and be a waste of money. I doubt I'm experienced enough to build my own pedal...
I also looked at the EHX English Muff'n, and it looks awesome, but $190!!! Jesus tapdancing christ I doubt it's that good. As I said, I hate going used.
I checked out the EHX Big Muff Pi's, and I didn't like them at all.
The Fulltone OCD looks okay, but it's pricey too. Also I don't like how it's true-bypass because that generally is what makes it more pricey, and I don't need true-bypass as I said earlier.
The Jeckyll and Hyde doesn't look that great to me, because I only want OD and it is so big. I don't need all that distortion and it looks too clunky.. I don't know, it just doesn't seem like much to me.

So far, the only pedals I think I'll end up going with are:
The Boss BluesDriver-2
and
The EHX Nano LPB-1

Anyways, if you have any experience with these pedals or others that you think would be good for me, please post! Thanks for reading!
Quote by screamingfool34
people here are idiot.
Quote by Mr_H_MASTER
the only good wahs out there are Slashs, Zacks, and Dimebags.
Quote by evan1234567
im to tired and confused to comprehend what you said.
Last edited by PieceOfMind666 at Sep 3, 2007,
Hmm, you can either get a BYOC pre-made, or I would also suggest a Maxon TS808.

If you don't want either of those, then I think the LPB would be great, and is way under your budget.
Guitar:
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Amplifier:
Fender Blues Junior - Eminence Red, White and Blues
Effects:
Fulltone OCD
Electro-Harmonix Nano Small Stone
Ibanez DE-7 Delay/Echo
Dunlop Crybaby
Electro-Harmonix Big Muff Pi
BBE Boosta Grande, or an MXR Micro Amp. it would boost your amp into overdrive.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
the lbp-1 is apparently really transparent and sounds great for only $40, and it will do the job you want it to
My Strat/Modded '69 RI Mustang
Ovation 1117-4 c. '75
Fender Blues Jr. [JJ Power Tubes, White Grille, Warehouse Speakers Greenback Clone]
BOARDZILLA 2.0

#? of EHX Guild
^when i tried it, it was losing some treble... thats why i didn't recommend it...
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Est. 2007

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
Quote by ECistheBest
BBE Boosta Grande, or an MXR Micro Amp. it would boost your amp into overdrive.

These would be good for pushing a cranked amp into power tube saturation, but not for creating distortion at lower levels, like an OD would.

Since it sounds like you're on a budget, TS, maybe try the Digitech Bad Monkey OD? Lots of people here like it.
Maxon OD808
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Bump!!!
Quote by screamingfool34
people here are idiot.
Quote by Mr_H_MASTER
Quote by evan1234567
i wouldnt get a stock bd2. preferably a keeley modded one for me. the OCD is great for boosting and a main drive, i'd recommend it though its a little bottom heavy.
the ehx eng. muffin isnt as nice as the OCD imo. theres a little mud which cant be dialed out of the pedal, and for its crunch i'd rather get a miaudio crunchbox.
big muff pi's arent ODs, they're fuzzes so i doubt they'll do what you want.
the VS jnh is probably the worst of the list there, fizzy and pretty thin sounding. neither sides are that good alone, and together they're a wall of noise.
a friend of mine's got the BYOC TS. quite a nice TS although there's not much gain or volume on tap.

i'd pick the BYOC or the OCD.
/\ cool, thanks! I agree with pretty much everything you said. The muff pi's are all fuzz, and I don't want that. I'll be sure to check out the BD mod, and maybe I'll buy ECistheBEST's BYOC that he's selling

EDIT: HOLY CRAP!!! Look at the reviews for the modded BD:
http://reviews.harmony-central.com/reviews/Effects/product/Keeley/BD-2+Mod/10/1
Insanity... Too bad it costs twice as much as the non-modded BD. Maybe I'll find one somewhere else for cheaper...
Quote by screamingfool34
people here are idiot.
Quote by Mr_H_MASTER
Quote by evan1234567
Last edited by PieceOfMind666 at Sep 5, 2007,
^i'm not selling the BYOC... i'm selling a modified TS9 tubescreamer.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Est. 2007

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
^ ohh.
Okay then, now I look dumb
I guess I could grab a used BD and send it in to Keely for a $65 mod.
Quote by screamingfool34
people here are idiot.
Quote by Mr_H_MASTER
Quote by evan1234567
^yea u can. but u can still buy my TS9. take a look at the specs in my link.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Est. 2007

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
Quote by PieceOfMind666
The Jeckyll and Hyde doesn't look that great to me, because I only want OD and it is so big.

Visual Sound should be coming out with some new pedals september, this includes the Route 808 (they're overdrive) and Son of Hyde (the distortion channel from J&H in one pedal).
/\ oh, cool! So this month there will be new pedals then? and do you know if there will be a Son of Jeckyll? I just want OD or a boost.

And what do you all think of the The EHX Nano LPB-1? It is so cheap and it looks like a great boost.
Quote by screamingfool34
people here are idiot.
Quote by Mr_H_MASTER
Quote by evan1234567
sounds like you want an OCD
you said you wanted something ot give you drive at lower volumes
i don't think the micro amp or boosta grande will be what you are looking for
those are boost pedals so they make your sound louder which make syour tubes overdrive
just a thought
/\ thanks! I'll have to check out the ocd, but the hard part is finding a dealer
There are a few in seattle, but I'm sure I'll get hopelessly lost, because I'm terrible with directions.
Quote by screamingfool34
people here are idiot.
Quote by Mr_H_MASTER
Quote by evan1234567
Quote by PieceOfMind666
/\ oh, cool! So this month there will be new pedals then? and do you know if there will be a Son of Jeckyll? I just want OD or a boost.

The "Son of Jekyll" is the Route 808. Visual Sound use the same overdrive circuit for the overdrive side of the Jekyll and Hyde, Route 66 and the new Double Trouble pedals (2 overdrive pedals in the one unit).