Are these Bassline Pickups good pickups? has anyone had experience with them?

Also i was thinking about getting a Bass Equalizer pedal by Boss, my friend told me EQ pedals are useless, is that true?
Quote by MetalBass345
my friend told me EQ pedals are useless, is that true?

your friend doesnt know how to use an EQ pedal
gear

Fender Standard Tele (with kill-switch)
PRS SE Custom
Fender Hot Rod Deville
Boss DD-3 Delay
Boss GE-7 Eq
Boss DS-1 distortion
Electro-Harmonix Big Muff
Boss CS-3 Compression
Digitech Whammy
Dunlop ZW-45 Zakk Wylde Signature wah
EQ pedals are a thing of wether you need them or not. If your amp doesn't have a built in 9-band equalizer and you really want to be able to tweak your tone more then by all means get it.

I'm going to buy a guitar equalizer pedal so that i can play my guitar through my bass amp and be able to tweak my sound more. i was going to get the bass one but i figured i'd get more use out of the guitar one and now the bass amp i'm getting has one built in.

and remember if you just want it so it will be switchable on and off with a pedal most(if not all) amps with this feature built in will have a foot pedal to switch it on and off.

my friend got the guitar one for his guitar and it causing a lot of residual noise though you might want to look into getting a noise reducer too.
dean edge one 5 string
Schecter studio-4
Samick fairlane-6
Ibanez sb900
Ibanez btb775
Fender p bass special deluxe

Dean Del Sol
Ibanez prestige rg2610

Peavey TKO 65
Peavey vb-2
Quote by the_perdestrian
listen to revelation, for he is wise in the way of bass-fu
What kind of bass are you buying those pick-ups for?

I'm not real sure how much they are, but if you have a semi-decent bass (I assume you have a MIM Jazz Bass, because thats an extremely common bass), I wouldn't really recommend getting a new set yet, there's really not enough of a difference to warrant getting new ones.

If you're getting them for a squier, well you could either save up for a new bass. Or buy those basslines, put them in yoru squier. And then when you upgrade, you can still use those basslines in that new bass.

But I'm really just making a bunch of assumptions ;;;; what bass do you have?
Ah an American J bass...

It's your bass, but IMO I wouldn't touch it. The pick-ups on it are already awesome, I don't see any reason to change anything on that bass.
Quote by BlueShox
Ah an American J bass...

It's your bass, but IMO I wouldn't touch it. The pick-ups on it are already awesome, I don't see any reason to change anything on that bass.

yeah but im just looking for a little different tone, idk maybe the eq will help me get that tone
ya i'd go with the EQ pedal first....try to find a place that has it in stock near you and try it out. I like seymour duncan pups personally....and i really am not a big fan of fenders. I'm one of those few who just doesn't like the sound or the feel of fender.....of course i have not played an MIA yet and those are probably much better.
dean edge one 5 string
Schecter studio-4
Samick fairlane-6
Ibanez sb900
Ibanez btb775
Fender p bass special deluxe

Dean Del Sol
Ibanez prestige rg2610

Peavey TKO 65
Peavey vb-2
Quote by the_perdestrian
listen to revelation, for he is wise in the way of bass-fu
like different how? more raw/cutting edge i see? i would recomend EMGs active seymore duncan pickups have that "something is missing" sound to them IMO
ESP B-405,Fender American Jazz Bass(EMG J active pups and LEO QUAN BADASS II ) squire P bass(EMG P active Pups)),
SansAmp Bass driver DI
Ampeg SvP PRO Tube Preamp
QSC2450 Power amp
Furman PL8
FINALLY-Ampeg SVT 810E
Quote by Emergancy Exit
like different how? more raw/cutting edge i see? i would recomend EMGs active seymore duncan pickups have that "something is missing" sound to them IMO

yeah i was leaning towards active seymour duncan basslines, not a big fan of EMG's
The Boss GEB-7 bass equaliser is the best damn pedal I have. Absolutely love it. Despite having a 2-band EQ on my bass, it's still really useful.You can't stop mid song to twiddle with your amp or knobs on your bass... you can step on the pedal and instantly get a slight low end boost, some high mids and treble to help you cut through if you're taking a bit of a lead break or to cut mids and make any other EQ tweaks you need to make if you change between playing techniques a lot mid-song - fingerstyle, slap, yadda yadda.

If it wasn't self-indulgent, and expensive, I'd have two of them.

Don't forget... after actual playing technique, tone/EQ settings are probably amongst the most neglected aspect of playing an electric instrument, but one of those aspects that makes a big difference.
And yet, to me, what is this quintessence of dust? Man delights not me: no, nor woman neither... nor women neither.
Last edited by Caustic at Sep 4, 2007,