I just got back from Guitar center with a brand new boss mt-2 pedal. When i plugged it into my amp, and turned on the overdrive, no sound came out of my amp. When i turned the pedal off, i got sound like i normally would.
Quote by frenchyfungus
Hmmm, all these people going on about fingering chords....makes me want to meet her.

Check out my nintendocore band, Super Luigi 65!
www.myspace.com/superluigi65
ok there is a lot of things this could be, i dont want to be a dick but i dont know how proficient you are with things (although i'm sure you already checked all of these things), it could be something as simple as getting the out(amp) and input(guitar) cables switched although you said when you turned it off you got sound so it cant be that, if you are using a 9-volt battery check and see if it has juice, and if you have a power adaptor that could be faulty, or you should open it up and just check and see if any of the wiring is frayed or disconnected, if it is any of the wire jacks inside you'd probably need a sodering kit to fix it, but if it is something like that i'd just take it back, did you test the pedal at GC? If you return it and get another i would definitely test it before you buy it.
kill 'em a lot
i tested the same model but not this particular pedal. I am running off of a brand new nine volt battery. i made sure the cables weren't switched. I dont wanna open it up becasue i dont have a soldering kit to fix it, plus if i mess it up i wont be able to return it.
Quote by frenchyfungus
Hmmm, all these people going on about fingering chords....makes me want to meet her.

Check out my nintendocore band, Super Luigi 65!
www.myspace.com/superluigi65
well..if nothing happens when you turn it on..and when you turn it off it by passes it...either its faultyor your eq needs to be set differently. best thing to do is to just return it if messing with the eq doesnt work. hmm...does your amp have an effects loop? if it does..maybe you could try useing that.
Quote by which ones pink
Take it back.
And get a Metal Muff.

+99999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999
Quote by mista cricket

Passive pickups? Are there such a thing as aggressive pickup s?

Quote by guitarman015
What is theory?
Hey man, MT-2's can sound insane if you know what your doing, if you dont they normally sound like thousands of maggots slushing through regurtitated spew.

An easy way to make a 20$ mt-2 sound 1000 times better is to get a Keeley mod done too it. I would go into depth but really can't be f***ked right now. costs about 5 bucks and totally kicks ass, beats Metal Muffs and all those pedals hands down.
Gear.
Peters Chimaira tube amp
Harley Benton 2xv30's
IbanezS470(evo,paf)
Jackson dinky select series USA
ESP LTD EC1000VB
MI audio boostnbuff+crunchbox
Carbon copy MXR + smart gate
take it as a sign from the gods to take back that p.o.s.
My Gear
Guitars:
-Gibson Les Paul Studio
-Ibanez "lawsuit" Les Paul
-Ibanez S470
-PRS SE Custom

Amp:
Marshall TSL100
Marshall 1960a cab

Effects:
Dunlop 535q wah
Visual Sound Liquid Chorus

Pickups:
Guitarforce
MHD
Quote by JLT73
take it as a sign from the gods to take back that p.o.s.

Amen.

Take it back and do it quick.
The Laney Thread are big and clever. No exceptions.