Are there any pedals out there that allow you to pan your sound from one set of speakers to another? I've never heard of one but i think it would be a cool idea.
By pan you mean like sound rotating from sets of speakers?

you can get the effect with a Leslie simulator. Also a Univibe.
Ibanez AFS75/Fender Strat Plus > Fulltone Deja' Vibe > Keeley TS808 MOD+ > Fulltone OCD > VanAmps SoleMate > Metro JTM45
Last edited by igotabcrich32 at Sep 3, 2007,
yeah, like that cool effect they can do in studios. The sound whooshes from left to right and vice versa.
it's called panning. you do it after you record everything. ur talking about jimi hendrix stuff right?
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
its a good idea to replicate a lot of studio sounds that you couldnt really do live, but your rig would have to be set up for it, ie. having two speakers on either side of the stage connected to a single input. on a regular amp or halfstack changing the speakers wouldnt have enough of an effect on what the audience would hear, otherwise.

definitly a good idea tho, i tried doing something like it by going gtr-cord-amp-cord-pedal-cord-amp2, the pedal being on a setting that only changed the volume, in effect, allowing to double myself or create effects easily done in a studio by manipulating the panning.
Quote by GuitarHobbiest
What exactly is a powerchord?

Quote by laid_to_waste
My trouser snake is friendly. If you pet him, he might even do a trick! think I'm going to hell for that one.
Yeah, hendrix did it, Jimmy Page did it also. I think it would be a really cool effect and i think the crowd would love it. It would work much better for bigger venues because there would be a larger area between the speakers on either side of the stage. Thanks for the info
some phasers/tremolo pedals with stereo capabilities can do that...
Quote by tubab0y
Look at it this way- everyone rags on air guitar here because everyone can play guitar. If we were on a lawn mower forum, air guitar would be okay and they would ridicule air mowing.

every artist used panning, from hendrix to green day to metallica, its just much less obvious in instances where each channel left and right, is playing the same thing, ie doubling. the same idea can be used by having two guitars, but either way itd be a sick idea. i know that live Page would have four large speakers throughout an arena, so that the delay between them would have that sort of effect.
Quote by GuitarHobbiest
What exactly is a powerchord?

Quote by laid_to_waste
My trouser snake is friendly. If you pet him, he might even do a trick! think I'm going to hell for that one.
There are a few delay pedals that will do that.
Peavey 5150
Mesa Mark IV
Mesa Single Rectifier (Series 1)
Fender Custom Shop Tonemaster
Roland Microcube

-Whitebox OS 1x12
-Port City OS 1x12

Digidesign Eleven RackAxe Fx Ultra
This is actually really easy with any kind of effects processor that offers panning (basically every stereo effects processor), and something to control it with (usually via MIDI).
ESP LTD EC-256 and a Fender Deluxe VM
Oh nice, I know what you mean. I have a song with a load of panning. Voodoo Child also comes to mind, it's a cool effect, definitely.
Gonna Leave this town

Gotta leave this town

Gonna make a whole lotta money

Gonna be big yeah...
(Jimi Hendrix - Hear My Train A Comin')

flickr