Sorry if this is the wrong place. But I just made a new riff that sounds pretty, but I have no idea what scale it is. I don't really remember my scales from when I took piano, and I know this must be one. But I ust made this riff, and don't know where to go with it, except using the same notes. But here it is, ...oh, and I tried using the "scale finder" in guitar pro, and that thing is balls, it doesn't even make sense

... how do I paste something in from say guitar pro using the thing?
FAN OF EMPEROR ?

Quote by Magero
Theres more of us it wont be long before we you over the world and you can burn all the churchs you want

I'm MAD about Black Metal. Ask me about Church Burnings.
either export to text file or attach the gp5 (or gp4 or gp3) file.
gear?
coming soon... parker fly mojo flame
ibanezes: rg350dx frankenstein * rg7620 7-string
fenders: telecaster plus * stratocaster plus

line 6: pod xt live * ax2 212
other: laney vh100r * mesa dual rectifier * monster cables
well I"m too lazy haha, I'll just type it cause it's not letting me export to a text file.

it's tuned in D standard

and it goes like this

on the C string it's 9
then on the F it's 11 then 12
then on the A it's 11

Hope that makes sense. Also, once I figure out what scale it is... I guess I'm confused on how I implement it.
FAN OF EMPEROR ?

Quote by Magero
Theres more of us it wont be long before we you over the world and you can burn all the churchs you want

so it's A E F Ab

let me see what scale that's in
Leader of The Cult of Echoes, for those who believe 23 min. of Pink Floyd Epicness just isn't enough.

Pm Alex the Red if you're interested

I'm a member I Pignose Amps Club. PM Woodenbanman if your interested.
unh I think A harmonic minor might work

but let me double check that

Edit: yeah I just checked it, try doing a nifty solo in A harmonic minor. (It should sound really exotic and dark, great for Metal, rock, and folk)

If you need any help on how to use the thing, This Site , works really well as long as you know the most basic rudimentary theory.
Leader of The Cult of Echoes, for those who believe 23 min. of Pink Floyd Epicness just isn't enough.

Pm Alex the Red if you're interested

I'm a member I Pignose Amps Club. PM Woodenbanman if your interested.
Last edited by Alex The Red at Sep 4, 2007,
Okay thanks dude! Yeah, I thought it sounded really cool sounding. And was planning to base a song around it with a cool solo. I just needed to know the other notes in it haha. And thanks for the link, site seems really good

EDIT: I do have a question though, I went to guitar scales, put the pattern at 9 and then the chord at A then selected melodic minor (ascending) ANd it showed me the scale. But the notes I used in my little riff, all of them weren't highlighted. Is it still correct? Or did I do something wrong?
FAN OF EMPEROR ?

Quote by Magero

Last edited by CaptainOfSmug at Sep 4, 2007,
yeah, a harmonic minor. or, notated as b harmonic minor, down 1 step.
it's basically a minor scale, except instead of playing a b7, you play a 7.

it'll work good over a E7 (notated as F#7, tuned down 1 step) chord.
gear?
coming soon... parker fly mojo flame
ibanezes: rg350dx frankenstein * rg7620 7-string
fenders: telecaster plus * stratocaster plus

line 6: pod xt live * ax2 212
other: laney vh100r * mesa dual rectifier * monster cables