Hey guys, just in the wake of GASing I have a question regarding active pups, EMG's namely.
I have a Warwick with an active preamp, would this cause any problems if i were to put an active EMG J set in? I heard something about alexi laiho using passive EMG's because when he used actives with his active preamp something went wrong?

Please help me with this
The prog kid from way down under of the Bass Militia, PM Nutter_101 to join

GENERATION 7: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
as long as the amp has an input for active basses it should be fine.... but maybe you might need a noise suppressor if it causes noise ....not really sure but that's how i see it.
dean edge one 5 string
Schecter studio-4
Samick fairlane-6
Ibanez sb900
Ibanez btb775
Fender p bass special deluxe

Dean Del Sol
Ibanez prestige rg2610

Peavey TKO 65
Peavey vb-2
Quote by the_perdestrian
listen to revelation, for he is wise in the way of bass-fu
Quote by Revelation
as long as the amp has an input for active basses it should be fine.... but maybe you might need a noise suppressor if it causes noise ....not really sure but that's how i see it.

thats incorrect. it will work on any amp. he is correct about the suppresser though. also you will have to work with the eq alot. shouldnt have any huge probs. though.
EMGs pickups conform to other preamps very well. some EMG preamps dont conform to other brands pickups however. you are A OK to putting EMGs on the warwick preamp

cheers to you mate for wanting EMGs they sound amazeing! i have the EMG J Set and i could not be any more satisfyed they are punchy and clear with LOADS of bottom and pressense

you should NOT need a noise supressor because EMGS are deaaaad quiet if have volume up and are not plucking a string there is no sound. there is only hiss if boost the trebble up to where it has no buisness being in the 1st place!!

one recomendation however is if you have room for a 2nd battery make youre bass an 18V system it will give you more "headroom" it will make youre bass slightly more clear if you have heavy hands (atack hard) it is not that noticable difference so you dont HAVE To do it. it will also increase battery life if you make it 18V you will be able to gig evry night and still not have to replace battery for like a year
ESP B-405,Fender American Jazz Bass(EMG J active pups and LEO QUAN BADASS II ) squire P bass(EMG P active Pups)),
SansAmp Bass driver DI
Ampeg SvP PRO Tube Preamp
QSC2450 Power amp
Furman PL8
FINALLY-Ampeg SVT 810E
I figured with both the things boosting the signal it might damage something in the preamp....as i have blown a preamp in my 130 watt peavy by turning my dist. pedal too high in combination with the preamp in my schecter.
dean edge one 5 string
Schecter studio-4
Samick fairlane-6
Ibanez sb900
Ibanez btb775
Fender p bass special deluxe

Dean Del Sol
Ibanez prestige rg2610

Peavey TKO 65
Peavey vb-2
Quote by the_perdestrian
listen to revelation, for he is wise in the way of bass-fu
What does adding the extra battery slot entail? I'm not into huge revamps on my gear, not a techie

And im pretty sure the MEC pups are passive? Active electronics if im correct?
The prog kid from way down under of the Bass Militia, PM Nutter_101 to join

GENERATION 7: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Passive pups but active preamp if I remember rightly, and interpret yiou correctly. Just check if the preamp is compatible with active pups. An e-mail to MEC should get a clear answer.
Warwick freak of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join

Quote by elliott FTW
Damn you and Warwickyness

Quote by ScottB
Quote by CLIFF_BURTON
gm jack knows everything
+1