I purchased a Line6 Toneport GX to finally be able to record guitar to comp and hopefully get some use out of my Amplitube2 and Amplitube JH Edition along with Guitar Rig. My question is do I have to use GearBox with the Toneport or can I use othe software? Also, I have never purchased anything from Line6 and have heard that they are hit and miss, anybody with experience with a Toneport be free to tell me what you think
Epiphone LP
Johnson Strat Copy(first guitar)
Epiphone Dr 150 Acoustic
Vox Valvetronix AD30VT
Digitech Jimi Hendrix Experiance pedal
Boss DS-1 Distortion
Digitech RP50
ElectroHarmonix Metal Muff
I bought a Toneport GX about a week ago after a friend of mine brought his over. I'll admit I haven't tried recording through it yet, but my friend's recordings sounded alright (pops and hisses when changing tracks, but I'm not sure if that was his fault or the software he was using [Sonar]). For practicing/messing around, it's spectacular. Gearbox controls the module itself, but you can use pretty much any recording software with it without issue, I'm told.
thanks because I've tried another USB interface and it didn't work with GuitarRig or Amplitube and I was pissed, of course I Didn't pay for either of them tho so ^_^ no money wasted
Epiphone LP
Epiphone Dr 150 Acoustic
Vox Valvetronix AD30VT
Boss DS-1 Distortion
Digitech RP50
Quote by Traxxus
I'll admit I haven't tried recording through it yet, but my friend's recordings sounded alright (pops and hisses when changing tracks, but I'm not sure if that was his fault or the software he was using [Sonar]).

Obviously I haven't heard the recording myself but it's likely the pops and hisses are from dirty usb power, something thats quite common. I have a set of 5.1 headphones that are powered off of the usb port and I get little hissing/popping noises anytime my hard drive spins or I move my mouse. The easiest way to fix it is to buy a cheap external usb hub.

And to answer the thread starters question, yes the toneport should work with Amplitube.
My Gear:
Cort X-9 w/ Super Distortion+Air Norton, Jay Turser Vintage Series Strat
Line 6 Pod 2.0, Line 6 Toneport UX2, Peavy Rage 158
Dunlop Jimi Hendrix JH-1 Wah
i would hope so cuz college starts tomorrow and I need something to look forward to
Epiphone LP
Epiphone Dr 150 Acoustic
Vox Valvetronix AD30VT
Boss DS-1 Distortion
Digitech RP50
I've used my Guitar Port with Guitar Rig and Guitar Rig 2, and it worked fine. However, I MUCH prefer the tones in Gearbox.

In terms of software and tone, the GX is the same as the higher models of Toneport and the Guitar Port. It just has fewer inputs and outputs.
Guitars: Custom Lado Earth 2000-3, Custom ESP Explorer, BC Rich KKV, Gibson LP Studio, Greco SG, El Degas Stratocaster, Agile AL-3000, LTD EX-351

Rig:Marshall JVM410H + Marshall 1960A, Boss Noise Suppressor
well I attempted to use Amplitube and I will say those were way better than Guitar Rig's in the little bit of time I used them and with the ****ty quality, so Guitar Rig2 seems to be at the bottom so far
Epiphone LP
Epiphone Dr 150 Acoustic
Vox Valvetronix AD30VT
Boss DS-1 Distortion
Digitech RP50
I still think the tones you get with Gearbox murder both Guitar Rig and Amplitube. But Amplitube is much better than Guitar Rig.
Guitars: Custom Lado Earth 2000-3, Custom ESP Explorer, BC Rich KKV, Gibson LP Studio, Greco SG, El Degas Stratocaster, Agile AL-3000, LTD EX-351

Rig:Marshall JVM410H + Marshall 1960A, Boss Noise Suppressor
so Gearbox is pretty decent then...thats good to hear...any good metal tones and can u download tones, presets online?
Epiphone LP
Epiphone Dr 150 Acoustic
Vox Valvetronix AD30VT
Boss DS-1 Distortion
Digitech RP50