Possibly one of the coolest and most missed times in American history (or at least in the views of the fellas on UG)
Their are many threads that mourn this great loss, so I took it upon myself, awsomness and all, to try to bring it all into one thread.

By the way, I know I'm 14 and thus didn't experience most of the 90's...that is why I'm so pissed! I didn't know how cool everything was back then! (Stuff that happened around me in the city, TV, music ETC.)
Now...MORN!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YC66MdkKk0g
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hCfiUndDjAI&mode=related&search=
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P5iuR4ocrn8
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DH1dwNSDKTU
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=10dp9eEbhvE&mode=related&search=
I'm gonna drive all night, take some speed. I'm gonna wait for the sun to shine down on me. I cut a hole in my roof in the shape of a heart snf I' goin' out west where they'll appreciate me"

Click this if you like men!
I only really got to experience the latter part of the 90's...I was 11, I was still playing my first guitar (a black Squier strat with a maple neck), I envied my friend's Marshall combo, and Wes Borland, Munky and Head, and Dino Cazares were my guitar gods...I miss those days.
Quote by Grimme
I know plenty believe me. I've seen both Avenged Sevenfold and Bullet For My Valentine live, so don't tell me I don't know my metal.

www.myspace.com/awkwardsilencemusic
Quote by GeetarAbuse
Wes Borland, Munky and Head, and Dino Cazares were my guitar gods...I miss those days.

Catch me,
heal me,
Lift me back up to the Sun
I choose to live
I made a list of my favorite 90s songs the other day when I realized how much they kicked ass

Eve 6- Inside Out
Marcy Playground- Sex & Candy
New Radicals- You Get What You Give
Third Eye Blind- Jumper
Stroke 9- Little Black Back Pack
Harvey Danger- Flagpole Sitta
Chumbawamba- Tubthumping
Barenaked Ladies- One Week
Spin Doctors- Two Princes
Blur- Song 2
Meredith Brooks- Bitch
Everclear- Father of Mine
Wallflowers- One Headlight
The Verve Pipe- The Freshmen
Semisonic- Closing Time
Gin Blossoms- Hey Jealousy
The Presidents of the United States of America- Lump
R.E.M.- Shiny Happy People
Oasis- Wonderwall
Verve- Bittersweet Symphony
James- Laid
The Cardigans- Lovefool
Blind Melon- No Rain
Better Than Ezra- Good
Toadies- Possom Kingdom
Deep Blue Something- Breakfast at Tiffany's
LEN- You Steal My Sunshine
Filter- Take A Picture
Fatboy Slim- Praise You
EMF- Unbelievable
Quote by CowsWithGuns
And the facade of heterosexualism in the punk and ska forum came crashing down like a fat girl falling off a balcony...
^ what about the smashing pumpkins?
Quote by RSOB Bass
Thanks Andy, you're fucking awesome.

Quote by XmydyingheartX
^___^

Quote by Andrea55
Banned because I love you!

Happily e-married to RSOB Bass
E-brother to Andrea55
E-Uncle to KitKat555
I ****ing hate 14 year old kids reminiscing about how awesome their childhood was when they're still children. You know what I like about the 90s being over? Cable modems, WiFi, Having a CD player come standard in even the bottom of the line cars, The Fox Network actually striving to produce quality television instead of filling up their thursday night schedule with "When Animals Attack 5," Being able to take my music collection wih me wherever I go. My dad bought an MP3 player in 1998. It held 13 songs. Let's wait until 20 years has passed before we start making requiems.
"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."-Duke
Quote by civildp1
I ****ing hate 14 year old kids reminiscing about how awesome their childhood was when they're still children. You know what I like about the 90s being over? Cable modems, WiFi, Having a CD player come standard in even the bottom of the line cars, The Fox Network actually striving to produce quality television instead of filling up their thursday night schedule with "When Animals Attack 5," Being able to take my music collection wih me wherever I go. My dad bought an MP3 player in 1998. It held 13 songs. Let's wait until 20 years has passed before we start making requiems.

Chill out, man. I'm relishing these events cos' I wasn't old enough during that time to get most of the **** that was goin' on..and when I'm ****ing 20, it won't make a ****s difference, because I still wouldn't have experienced that specific time to its full extent.
Doucebag.
I'm gonna drive all night, take some speed. I'm gonna wait for the sun to shine down on me. I cut a hole in my roof in the shape of a heart snf I' goin' out west where they'll appreciate me"

Quote by zwart_gitaar
Chill out, man. I'm relishing these events cos' I wasn't old enough during that time to get most of the **** that was goin' on..and when I'm ****ing 20, it won't make a ****s difference, because I still wouldn't have experienced that specific time to its full extent.
Douce bag.

the great thing about looking back at things that came before you, is that, in hindsight, you only get the best parts. For example, I obviously am a great fan of the grunge movement. I was only 8 when Kurt Cobain died and have had the good luck of being able to listen to all that great music posthumously. But I would never mourn the loss of the 1993 music industry because for every great release by Nirvana or the Screaming Trees, there was an equally awful musical abortion released by Wilson Phillips and Nelson. I also greatly enjoy all of the John Hughes movies from the 80s. But if we were to bring those back, we'd also have to bring back the holocaust of Revenge of the Nerds 4, and any movie starring Madonna. We're basically making the same point, you weren't there, so you can't experience it in full. But what that turns into is you mourning only half an existence. You shouldn't be spending your time mourning a false past, you should be worrying about making memories NOW. You can certainly enjoy things that were created ten years ago, but The past is gone. it doesn't exist anymore. 1997 isn't coming back. The only thing that exists is now. Carpe Diem Mother****ers!

Also, it's "Douchebag". In the 90s, we knew how to spell.
"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."-Duke
Quote by civildp1
the great thing about looking back at things that came before you, is that, in hindsight, you only get the best parts. For example, I obviously am a great fan of the grunge movement. I was only 8 when Kurt Cobain died and have had the good luck of being able to listen to all that great music posthumously. But I would never mourn the loss of the 1993 music industry because for every great release by Nirvana or the Screaming Trees, there was an equally awful musical abortion released by Wilson Phillips and Nelson. I also greatly enjoy all of the John Hughes movies from the 80s. But if we were to bring those back, we'd also have to bring back the holocaust of Revenge of the Nerds 4, and any movie starring Madonna. We're basically making the same point, you weren't there, so you can't experience it in full. But what that turns into is you mourning only half an existence. You shouldn't be spending your time mourning a false past, you should be worrying about making memories NOW. You can certainly enjoy things that were created ten years ago, but The past is gone. it doesn't exist anymore. 1997 isn't coming back. The only thing that exists is now. Carpe Diem Mother****ers!

Also, it's "Douchebag". In the 90s, we knew how to spell.

But in honesty, do you expect someone to take this into consideration, while making a thread on some messageboard? Or, would it be more sane to think that "hey, this person just wants to start a topic about a cool period in history"? You saying that **** was over the top and unnecessary.
And also, how it is impossible for me to think about an age I didn't get to witness that well and to enjoy myself today? I'm just sayin' that time was cool and I miss it.
And was taking my one spelling error I made and using it against me really called for?

Quote by zwart_gitaar

I'm just sayin' that time was cool and I miss it.

How could you miss a time you admittedly didn't really experience?

That's my whole point.

Go ahead and love historic events, and artistic creations, but don't lump together an entire decade (10 years. half my life and more than that of yours) as a good or bad.
Im 14 too, and all i can remember about the 90's is 1998-1999 nickelodeon, early memories of super nintendos, bomberman, and legos. I don't see why your reminiscing about pop culture, it'd be like reminiscing about the 70's.
The 90's was crap.

But cartoons were better:

Ren & Stimpy.

Case closed
Quote by GLP_Arclite
Pooping is well good though, to be fair.

I've got a handle on the fiction.

I'm losing my grip, 'cos I'm losing my fingers.
#1 best aspect of the 90's:

renting a movie on VHS, and having a roadrunner cartoon before the movie

HELL YEAH