So i tried the El diablo 100 head, and i'm sure im going to buy it. I'm getting it used, btw. but i have two questions. I unplugged my guitar while the amp was running and the guy said to never do that, did doing it once do considerable damage? And also, when i switch from neck to bridge pickup, it sounds weird. (Bridge sounds fine, Neck sounds too quiet)
Guitars:
'11 Gibson Buckethead LP
'97 Fender Cali Series Strat
?? Samick Bass
'01 Fernandes Dragonfly Elite
no if you only do it once it shouldnt hurt it, but if you continually do it, it will hurt. do you have your neck pup volume turned down or is it not sitting high enough. it sounds like something in the guitar not the amp
[IMG]http://img398.imageshack.us/img398/9148/dawhip005jf4.jpg[/IMG]

Quote by SuperSamuraiGuy
Thanks for answering all my question ssguitar

JCM900 FOR SELL!
^i don't thinkso. maybe the guy said that cuz it's running a big amount of electrons in through the amp...? u don't need to do that though. just remember to turn off the amp first before you take the cable. right?

im not sure bout the pickups. maybe... ur volume controls were down? if not, were your bass frequencies rolled off? neck pickup is all about the bass and the fullness. u might want to adjust your pickup heights so that both pickups have matched outputs though.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
Nope, at my house, plugged it into my micro cube and it worked fine, but on that El Diablo it just didn't seem to work right.

And to ECistheBest: Yeah i unplugged it while it was running... Guy said to always put it on standby first. I felt like an idiot, never owned a tube amp before.
Guitars:
'11 Gibson Buckethead LP
'97 Fender Cali Series Strat
?? Samick Bass
'01 Fernandes Dragonfly Elite
yayy i was partly right!!! oh EC im ordering a clyde deluxe tommarow i think...im still having problems deciding clyde deluxe or picture wah
[IMG]http://img398.imageshack.us/img398/9148/dawhip005jf4.jpg[/IMG]

Quote by SuperSamuraiGuy
Thanks for answering all my question ssguitar

JCM900 FOR SELL!
Weird (remember me? ), I'd say your pickup height/controls is the cause of the pickup issue. As for the unplugging, it shouldn't be too bad if you didn't make a loud POP when you did it. It's generally not a good idea to do that, though. Next time, just remember to put it on standby. No biggy It's a nice amp, have fun!
Quote by ssguitar
yayy i was partly right!!! oh EC im ordering a clyde deluxe tommarow i think...im still having problems deciding clyde deluxe or picture wah

sweeeeeet. i wanna know how mine compares to those!!!
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard