Okay, so, lately I have become increasingly more frustrated with my current amplifier which is a Line 6 Spider II 75 watt amp. I own an ESP EC-1000, and hope to soon be purchasing a new Ibanez or Jackson in the near future. I am also looking to buy a new amplifier. I was hoping to get a half stack, and I'm looking for a versatile amp. I also would like an amplifier that would be perfect for achieving a sound like that of say, Lamb of God, Slipknot, Killswitch Engage, Van Halen, and Steve Vai. Hopefully you guys can be of some help.
hmm. well you already have an amazing guitar that suits your needs so i would save the new guitar money for an even better new amp. try out the carvin legacy or maybe a used mesa mark IV. although these are a bit pricey i dont know your price range.
I don't mean to be a sheep, but given the tones you're looking for the best bet might be a 5150 combo. I too am a firm follower of the "you don't need a halfstack" philosophy.......unless of course the amp you seek is not available in a combo (which is also why I firmly support 212 cabs as opposed to 412 cabs).
ESP LTD EC-256 and a Fender Deluxe VM
Of you really need a stack id recomend the Laney Gh50L with matching quad.....
Frank Zappa's not dead. He just smells funny.
Quote by robinmccready
lol why does everyone hate those line 6 spider amps!?

Because Line 6 markets them as something they are not and sells them in sizes much larger than necessary to people who don't know any better.
Quote by Kendall
I don't mean to be a sheep, but given the tones you're looking for the best bet might be a 5150 combo. I too am a firm follower of the "you don't need a halfstack" philosophy.......unless of course the amp you seek is not available in a combo (which is also why I firmly support 212 cabs as opposed to 412 cabs).

you need a half stack

peavey 6505 head
marshall 1960A cab