Hey,

I'm building a guitar, my first project. Basically I am making a Jackson Rhoads V, however it will have a Les Paul style wiring. I REALLY need assistance, the wiring should be a really simple type but I can't seem to find anything substantially understandable about it for someone with my experience in wiring.

Ok.

In the neck position I'm using a JB Seymour Duncan SH-4, and in my bridge I'm using a Gibson 498T. I want each pickup to have an individual volume and tone knob. I am using a Fender Style Three way pickup selector, and I'm using a Floyd Rose in my bridge.

Can someone seriously help me wiring this thing, it should be such a simple setup but I can't find a BASIC explanation of it anywhere.

I need a really basic explanation, I've searched several forums for this stuff, I'm not posting this out of being lazy.

I need help on determining what goes where, and also particularly with grounding and which of the four wires in each pickup go where.

Thanks a lot in advance
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
Thanks

I've already found most of those mate, I more need an explanation of everything. I'm not very knowledgeable.
u want to know how it works?

did u read these?
http://www.guitarnuts.com/wiring/howitallworks.php

btw, all the links i posted should be used simultaneously. if you do, you shouldn't have any problems.

first of all, look at the last link. figure out how to get the 4 conductor wires to become 2 that you have to solder somehwere else. they're color coded, your gibson and seymour duncan pickups' color codes should be there. you have 2 wires to work with on each pickup now.

then, look at the second link. you'll know where to solder each of the wires. understand? then, put it in your guitar's control cavity. easy as that. i think that's as easy as it gets...

if this doesn't work, you need a lot better explanation in what you need to know.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
Last edited by ECistheBest at Sep 4, 2007,
Ok would someone be graphically able to show me where to solder all my ground wires etc etc...
Will says:
DON'T FEAR THE REAPER!
- SmarterChild - says:
I don't know if I can help it.

Member #6 of the "I play my guitar as high as Tom Morello does" club
You ****ing Rule...

Thank you!

Those three things exactly were what I was after.