I have a Jackson Dinky, with a licensed FR trem (icky) I'm planning on taking out the trem and putting in a hardtail, and while I'm there, repaint and possibly upgrade it in some way.

I was thinking of getting Grover tuners first off, because I'm not sure how well Jackson ones will hold up.

My amp is a Line6 Spider 30w (don't be a hater) so I don't *really* need to upgrade it, it just gets mic'd up when gigging.

So, what's some ideas for upgrade?
^sounds like a cool plan. I won't be a hater and bash the Line6, but i think along the lines after you upgrade your guitar, u should save up for a decent amp.

do you play shred? if so, scalloping your fretboard might be a cool option. might they need new pickups? u might want to fill the cavity for the floyd rose when you change them to a hardtail bridge.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
Quote by ECistheBest
^sounds like a cool plan. I won't be a hater and bash the Line6, but i think along the lines after you upgrade your guitar, u should save up for a decent amp.

do you play shred? if so, scalloping your fretboard might be a cool option. might they need new pickups? u might want to fill the cavity for the floyd rose when you change them to a hardtail bridge.

Well, when I take the trem out, I'll cut a block of wood that size and simply slot it in there and sand it over.

I don't really think that I need to upgrade the pickups just yet, well, at least not until I get a tube amp.

And yes, I am planning on getting a new amp, probably a marshall half stack or something along those lines, but I'll come to that when I get there.

I don't like playing shred, but I can (if you catch my drift) I'm more a rhythm person, so scalloping my frets probably isn't needed. Plus, my neck is fair thin already.
Why dont you just block off the trem?? It's a very difficult job trying to fill in a trem cavity, not to mention that you will probably ruin you finish......have have to replicate it to go over the sanded area....
^it's a floyd rose, not a string through tremolo.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Est. 2007

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
^i see. my misconception for that. you can block a floyd rose.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Est. 2007

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
Quote by ECistheBest
^i see. my misconception for that. you can block a floyd rose.

Hmm, well if I block it, I assume I take out the springs and somehow make it stay in place then?

I only want to remove the floyd rose because I hate taking an hour to tune it (really takes about 20 minutes, but you know what I mean).
What model Dinky is it?

DK2 and DK2M dinky's are a straight swap for an OFR if you want a decent trem. If not, shmooty has the right idea with the tremol-no.
New tracks on my profile! Please check them out and see what you think!