I havent been able to find an answer to the following question because I have been getting mixed responses from everywhere, even the local council gave me two contradictory answers.

Im studying a full time course at university so I cant claim any unemployment benefit, right? I have been told I can during holidays like christmas and summer, but I have also been told that doing this is fraud.... So I can or I cant, which is it? (Thank you to my local council...)

Also, I have been told that if I work more than 16 hours a week whilst studying a full time course, I lose my loan, but the loan company said that is a load of rubbish, and the same company said that I can lose my loan.... So which is it? (Thank you student loans company).
Sat in a lab, curing diseases. They actually LET me play with chemicals!
I am pretty sure that when you are in full time education you can't get unemployment benefit at all.

Not sure about the second one, but that is alot of hours working while at uni.
Lets All Goto Mars: The I The FLAMING LIPS Club
Quote by daft
I am pretty sure that when you are in full time education you can't get unemployment benefit at all.

Not sure about the second one, but that is alot of hours working while at uni.

Thats what I thought.....

I need to work 16 hrs a week to make ends meet Poor family and all that jazz
Quote by Guitardude19
Thats what I thought.....

I need to work 16 hrs a week to make ends meet Poor family and all that jazz

Surely if you are that poor you can reduce the number of hours and then get financial aid from somewhere?
Lets All Goto Mars: The I The FLAMING LIPS Club
Quote by daft
Surely if you are that poor you can reduce the number of hours and then get financial aid from somewhere?

I get £1000 from the university to top me off as a form of a bursary... So I dont think I can get anymore financial aid than that... I think thats all Im entitled to.
I worked 18 hours a week throughout uni and everyone I know worked much more.

That's bollocks about losing your loan if you work.

The loan is a supplement to your income.

As for the first one, you cannot claim unemployment benefits when in full time education. You could possibly claim them during holidays, but why would you want to? I doubt you can, but why get fifty quid a month when you're planning on working anyway?
<Dobzilla> because "when you were born, they thought yo' momma shit herself."
<Frehnchy> ...
<esther_mouse> ...
<Rankles> ...
<RaNdOm-FeLiX> ...
<Dobzilla>
i think the loan thing is bollocks, but you can't claim unemployment benefit whilst on a full time educational course. i know, because both my colleges tell everyone all the time for some reason. they seem to think that as artists, we'll need the extra money...
MEMBER OF THE LAUGAM BRITISH HIT SQUAD! HONORARY MEMBER OF THE SWEDISH LAUGAM HIT SQUAD!
I'M JUST SEE THROUGH FADED, SUPER JADED, AND OUT OF MY MIND
<//////>~ dA
Esther is officially awesome and smart - Frenchy
Q. Does Anyone Know The Answer To These Questions?
A. No.
Quote by Nor'Easterbass
alucardmik is actually from the outer rings of jupiter and likes to drink goat milk while rubbing his nipples counterclockwise. so i hear...
Quote by Rankles
I worked 18 hours a week throughout uni and everyone I know worked much more.

That's bollocks about losing your loan if you work.

The loan is a supplement to your income.

As for the first one, you cannot claim unemployment benefits when in full time education. You could possibly claim them during holidays, but why would you want to? I doubt you can, but why get fifty quid a month when you're planning on working anyway?

Thanks Rankles, thats all I needed to hear.

The whole unemployment benefits thing was a little back up plan should I not find a job. (I would take anything lol. The whole summer I worked as a cab controller doing 12 hour shifts seven days a week. All of it went to pay off my debts though... So my plan of working to save didnt go well lol).
Quote by Guitardude19
I havent been able to find an answer to the following question because I have been getting mixed responses from everywhere, even the local council gave me two contradictory answers.

Im studying a full time course at university so I cant claim any unemployment benefit, right? I have been told I can during holidays like christmas and summer, but I have also been told that doing this is fraud.... So I can or I cant, which is it? (Thank you to my local council...)

Also, I have been told that if I work more than 16 hours a week whilst studying a full time course, I lose my loan, but the loan company said that is a load of rubbish, and the same company said that I can lose my loan.... So which is it? (Thank you student loans company).

a) you cant claim unemployment benefit in the holidays. i believe there might be a question on the form you fill out that would make it impossible to do so.

b) you can work as much as you want. your university might set a limit though. mine doesnt let people work in term time simply because we have shorter terms than everyone else and cover much much much more material than everyone else.
my name is matt. you can call me that if you like.