I wonder why no one has bothered to make a review or two on Ashdown Amps. From what I know, they seem to be armed quite heavily, but I´d like to read some opinions out of experience with them... Thanks!
maybe because they are discontinued?......ask steven seagull, he owns an ashdown fallen angel 60 combo
Quote by ValascoDaGama
I wonder why no one has bothered to make a review or two on Ashdown Amps. From what I know, they seem to be armed quite heavily, but I´d like to read some opinions out of experience with them... Thanks!

Are you talking about the bass amps or the guitar amps? I ask mainly because the guitar amps (the FA series) have been discontinued and Ashdown set up a separate company called Hayden Amplification to produce guitar amps.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
By "discontinued" do you mean they´re not produced anymore? I know that from the website, but today I saw one in a local music store... So I must consider a purchase
well it's a pretty good amp, decent cleans, heaps and heaps of gain and enough bass response to make the 1989 san fransisco earthquake look enjoyable. I've only played it for about 20 minutes and I thought it was great.

They are no longer made and can therefore only be bought used
I saw one in a store a week ago. It's actually been there quite a while..
High Cardinal of Zeppelinism PM TheHeartbreaker to join and
"Co-Founder (and Yoda) of the Star Wars Universe. PM me or SethMegadefan to join.

' " The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death"...'-p.269-Deathly Hallows
Ok, so the guys at the store (I pretty much believe it's new...) want 3000 PLN for the combo, which is about 850 Euros. do you think that's a fair price?
The Fallen Angel's apparently had some reliability issues that necessitated a lot of owners constantly making use of the warranty. They were good sounding amps (if I remember correctly) but the world could have done with a full featured head that didn't need an attenuator to play Madison Square Gardens.
ESP LTD EC-256 and a Fender Deluxe VM
Quote by Kendall
The Fallen Angel's apparently had some reliability issues that necessitated a lot of owners constantly making use of the warranty. They were good sounding amps (if I remember correctly) but the world could have done with a full featured head that didn't need an attenuator to play Madison Square Gardens.

OK, I see, that's actually what I wanted to know.
When testing an amp, I can evaluate the sound pretty quickly, but there's no way to tell how long it'll remain playable... Especially in this price range.