can be some frets look flat, dented or worn. especially around the 12th.

if u're getting dead frets, buzzing or having intonation problems at those frets.

sometimes $20 a fret or $150+ for a whole board.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
holy crap thats heeps! well i shouldn't need a re fret yet since i only got my strat last Christmas. i hope the 12s don't wear it down to much
my mexican strat is about 11 yrs old now. and ive got some wear around 10-15 or so. nothing too bad.
every once in a while ill choke a note dead. i know it could use a polish, im just a little lazy about some things.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
oh ok feeew.... didn't want to be re - fretting yet unless bigger frets make it easier to bend big strings.
Depends on how you play your guitar. Some have a real light touch, me I tend to strangle a fret board. And the quality and hardness of fret wire has been going down. My 83 USA strat went 10 years before It needed fret put in it. My 1 year old epi les paul went about 2 months. And a cheap strat copy I picked up on a trip to asia had grooves worn in the frets after 10 days. You can look and see if the frets have dents in em from vibrato. My solution was to use stainless replacement frets. Now the fret wear grooves in the strings not the other way around. But it only costs me about 10 bucks in materials as I learned how to replace frets myself. The local guitar store that offers that service does really poor work. And the tools to do the job cost the same as paying for a fret job.