K so my sm57 arrived today finally and i was all ready to sit down an rerecord a few things and do some new stuff, but no.

the toneport has a different mic input to the lead that came with the damn mic so where can i get this lead i need and what is it exactly that i need? the input on the tone port is that 3-holed thing so what cable is it exactly i need to get? or is there some sort of adaptor, or better yet is there some way i can just use the lead that came with it on the toneport

help lol, this has pissed me off now.

nah its not one of them i need, i just found it, i needed an XLR to XLR cable, the one that came with it was only XLR to 1/4 inch which mean i couldnt get it into my toneport that sucks now i have to wait for this cable to arrive now. i was all set to record some stuff today and tomorrow, god knows when this thingll arrive

better be tomorrow or ill unleash the fury on my postwoman
I'm surprised you didn't get an XLR-XLR with your 57 thats a standard mic cable. But I wouldn't worry so much, XLR has a balanced signal as opposed to the unbalanced signal of the 1/4" which is just generally a lot cleaner and less noisy.
Just get yourself an XLR - XLR cable. No worries.
PM Me for any help you need with recording systems/tips
Quote by BrianApocalypse
Good call

Man, you should be a mod, you know everything.

MICs usually use an XLR outputs. Mics for music anyway, because mixers have xlr inputs on them. I suggest getting an audio interface with these connections on them because using an adaptor can cause alot of problems expecially if your shoving a bigger channel into a smaller one.

And if your going to use a condenser microphone for things like vocals etc, make sure your mic pre's have that 48 phantom power stuff.
XLR is simply better than your regular guitar/instrument cable. It's more rugged and durable, it's balanced, you can 'daisy-chain' the cables, and it locks in to the microphone. Get XLR male to XLR female cables, you can never have too much.
Quote by Godzilla1969
I love you, Muphin. You have great taste in music.

Quote by Pacifica112J
Muphin > You

The Cooperation
Quote by ch715dallat
K so my sm57 arrived today finally and i was all ready to sit down an rerecord a few things and do some new stuff, but no.

the toneport has a different mic input to the lead that came with the damn mic so where can i get this lead i need and what is it exactly that i need? the input on the tone port is that 3-holed thing so what cable is it exactly i need to get? or is there some sort of adaptor, or better yet is there some way i can just use the lead that came with it on the toneport

help lol, this has pissed me off now.

you'll just need an XLR cord...normally they dont come with the mic...
most mics use this because its a balanced setup and reduces noise in the audio.
did no one read my other post lol like the 3rd post lol, i said i had bought one on ebay so it was ok. thanks anyways i suppose