Hey all,

I got myself an M-Audio Black Box Reloaded t'other month and I've only used it to play so far at rehearsals etc. I know it's power is almost infinite and I was wondering if anyone has one of these and has any suggestions as to great sounds they've created/discovered with it. I'm quite shy when it comes to customising effects!

Thanks,
Quote by Karvid
You win this thread. And UG. I haven't actually lol'd at a post in a really long time. Thanks for changing that. I expect a sig

He expected this.

Something you definitely need to know
I have never used one, but I'd love to know what they're capable of. As for finding great sounds, you just have to play around a bit. Perhaps you could look at the equipment used by your favourite guitarists and see if there's a suitable amp model on the Black Box, dial in some settings and tweak it until it sounds right?

Also, is there any chance you would be able to record some soundclips? I'm quite eager to know what they're capable of doing
Quote by Denthúl
I have never used one, but I'd love to know what they're capable of. As for finding great sounds, you just have to play around a bit. Perhaps you could look at the equipment used by your favourite guitarists and see if there's a suitable amp model on the Black Box, dial in some settings and tweak it until it sounds right?

Also, is there any chance you would be able to record some soundclips? I'm quite eager to know what they're capable of doing

This is the sad part.

I would definately do that but I use the internet at work as my internet at home isn't ready yet and I have vista so naturally the drivers don't work! The black box is an audio interface too so that's no problem. If you know any fairly cheap recording software, could you point me in the right direction and I'll do what I can for you.
Quote by Karvid
You win this thread. And UG. I haven't actually lol'd at a post in a really long time. Thanks for changing that. I expect a sig

He expected this.

Something you definitely need to know
Hey, I've had my black box about a year now and I still havn't heard everything! I like playing around with the tremlo effect, changing the speeds etc, that can be fun. Best thing to do is just make a load of patches and fill them with different effects, then play around, see what you like the sound of, if it doesn't quite fit then change it, its that simple. Also i'd recommend getting the pedal board (if you havn't already), if you are planning on using it live etc it really really helps! Good luck!
Quote by Metal_Injection
I got my first Orange today!!!! Its a Orange crush 15 watt with reverb, just a practice amp!! let me join!!!!

Quote by slatsmania
You can, but you have to sit at the kids' table for dinner.

Gibson LP + Orange Rocker 30
There are tons! Quality wise I find its a lottery. Some are really good and respond really well to subtle changes from the guitar (ac30) but others are to...well...digital. Take the diezel, amp used by Adam Jones (tool) as the main part of his rig. I have tried for ages to get anywhere close to his sound but its just to muffled, if you know what I mean. I have dispensed with the amp models my amp does everything I want. I use it as a multi effects and delay processor. The effects really wail + the delay is really easy to program exacly to your needs. I'm sorry I can't comment on your drivers problem, I plug it into my mac. I have tried it with a pc (xp) and it worked ok. Maybe search the m-audio site for a vista beta driver.
Quote by Metal_Injection
I got my first Orange today!!!! Its a Orange crush 15 watt with reverb, just a practice amp!! let me join!!!!

Quote by slatsmania

+1 for audacity!
Quote by Metal_Injection

Quote by slatsmania