i currently have a morley power wah pedal, an mxr phase 90, a boss ds-1 distortion and a boss ge-7 graphic eq. i was just after your ideas on what order to use these to best effect (no pun intended). i then run through a roland 8 channel recorder which also has fx built in. then through my computer and finally out to the amp.

thanks for your time.
I'd say Morley Wah>DS-1>Phase90>EQ

Thats just my opinion.
Emo is to music as etch-a-sketch is to art.

Quote by TMVolta19
Music can't really be judged, since it's all on the same level. Unless it's screamo. then it sucks.
Quote by omarrodrigez

Thats just my opinion.

cheers for your help. is there a method in your madness though. thats kind of what i was aiming for. this into that because of this etc...
Well usually wahs should go first just because it sounds better in general, then the EQ should usually be last in the chain so it processes the effects too and not just the original signal. Wherever you put your distortion and modulation effects is up to you, but most find it better to put the distortion/overdrive first.
Emo is to music as etch-a-sketch is to art.

Quote by TMVolta19
Music can't really be judged, since it's all on the same level. Unless it's screamo. then it sucks.
http://www.bossus.com/bugonline/how_to.asp?art=order

Here's a general rule of thumb, but it's really about experimentation for you...if it sounds good, it is good.

That said, I personally have my wah between 2 distortions so I have the best of both worlds. You eq should be in the middle of the chain...before distortion, after modulation. Modulation always comes first...after delay/reverb.

So for OP: Phase 90>EQ>DS-1>Wah OR Phase 90>EQ>Wah>DS-1...try out which config you like.

For the second guy that wanted to know, I'd say:
Delay>Reverb>EQ>Tubescreamer>Fuzz>Wah or Delay>Reverb>EQ>Wah>Tubescreamer>Fuzz OR EVEN, LIKE ME:
Delay>Reverb>EQ>Tubescreamer>Wah>Fuzz

I don't have a whammy and don't know where one would go in the chain, but I'm assuming after reverb, befroe eq. Or after EQ, before distortion.

BTW: I always speak Amp>effects>guitar, even though it's normally the other way around.
HEY
Do you like anime/manga?
PM me about buying the graphic novels I'm trying to sell
Quote by FoolOnThePlanet
http://www.bossus.com/bugonline/how_to.asp?art=order

Here's a general rule of thumb, but it's really about experimentation for you...if it sounds good, it is good.

That said, I personally have my wah between 2 distortions so I have the best of both worlds. You eq should be in the middle of the chain...before distortion, after modulation. Modulation always comes first...after delay/reverb.

So for OP: Phase 90>EQ>DS-1>Wah OR Phase 90>EQ>Wah>DS-1...try out which config you like.

For the second guy that wanted to know, I'd say:
Delay>Reverb>EQ>Tubescreamer>Fuzz>Wah or Delay>Reverb>EQ>Wah>Tubescreamer>Fuzz OR EVEN, LIKE ME:
Delay>Reverb>EQ>Tubescreamer>Wah>Fuzz

I don't have a whammy and don't know where one would go in the chain, but I'm assuming after reverb, befroe eq. Or after EQ, before distortion.

bit confusing but cool. i want the whammy before the delay because i want the repeated squeals like matt bellamy does
Lol, yeah sorry for the confusion...for you, basically:

Amp>Delay>Reverb>EQ>TS>Fuzz>Wah>guitar
Amp>Delay>Reverb>EQ>wah>TS>fuzz>guitar
Amp>Delay>Reverb>EQ>TS>wah>Fuzz>guitar

You said you wanted the whammy before delay, so put it before the delay in either of those options: (amp>whammy>delay>...)
HEY
Do you like anime/manga?
Quote by omarrodrigez

Thats just my opinion.

agreed. method to my maddness is that with the wah first, it will wont peak out higher then your other pedals. EQ last because you can just control your signal better that way. the distortion and phase doesnt really make a difference though.

my chain is.. Crybaby Wah/DS-1 Distortion/Danelectro Hashbrowns Flanger.
i also run it through my amp's effects loop. and that really helps. easier to EQ that way.

ive been using my amps effects alot latley though so half of the time i have my chain turned off via the effects loop.
I linked to that earlier. :S
HEY
Do you like anime/manga?
Quote by omarrodrigez

Thats just my opinion.

+1
I don't even shred