Now before i start actually firing into the topic at hand i wanna point out that im not dissing Metallica...im a big fan of Metallica so lets get that straight. Im also not one of the Megadeth pwns Metallica people or vice versa...

ANYWAY!

James Hetfield i just feel is kinda...dragging Metallica down...the rest of the band doesn't like the style they are getting into, like Kirk wants to go back to being old school...and he is exactly right...to me Metallica is getting softer...i mean they remind me of Nickleback...take a listen to a Nickleback song and then put one of Metallicas recent songs on and u will notice a similarity too!
I just think Hetfield is forgeting the REAL...genuine Metallica and should start back tracking...i admire him as a musician and as a person...but i think he should re strategise man i mean if i got a dime for everytime i heard someone call him a sell out then i'd be rich as ****!

Anyway keep in mind this is my opinion, and keep in mind u have no right to bash my opinion, but you have the right to give your own and back it up.

So cya...glad i got that off my chest lol!
Quote by Mustaine1990
Now before i start actually firing into the topic at hand i wanna point out that im not dissing Metallica...im a big fan of Metallica so lets get that straight. Im also not one of the Megadeth pwns Metallica people or vice versa...

ANYWAY!

James Hetfield i just feel is kinda...dragging Metallica down...the rest of the band doesn't like the style they are getting into, like Kirk wants to go back to being old school...and he is exactly right...to me Metallica is getting softer...i mean they remind me of Nickleback...take a listen to a Nickleback song and then put one of Metallicas recent songs on and u will notice a similarity too!
I just think Hetfield is forgeting the REAL...genuine Metallica and should start back tracking...i admire him as a musician and as a person...but i think he should re strategise man i mean if i got a dime for everytime i heard someone call him a sell out then i'd be rich as ****!

Anyway keep in mind this is my opinion, and keep in mind u have no right to bash my opinion, but you have the right to give your own and back it up.

So cya...glad i got that off my chest lol!

James Hetfield himself said that the new album would be similar to the old stuff.
Our hearts are with Nick Grundy.
Quote by Ez0ph
I think AvengedThrice is pretty cool guy, eh raeps kittens to death and doesn't afraid of anything.

He knows me well..
+7
lets not forget lars, with his ethical download and bulging wallet
Quote by Atomic48
Nothing's impossible if you have the proper artillery.

Quote by Prole
In-depth common sense, at your service.

I Witnessed The Glory Of GORHL!

"It all shall fall, by the grace of the people." - ZDLR in Producer.
Metallica is dead and boring now. But I guess if they get back in to their old "Style" they'll stay alive? And you can't replace him... This thread will turn into a megadeth vs. metallica war...
Quote by Finnepinne
It was probably a black man who talked. "oh don' go in there gurl, he behind the doh~"

And then got shot.
Metallica is dead
"Even though I've found God, I still love blow jobs, and I still say fuck." - Dave Mustaine

You know, when you, like, you grab a woman's breast and it's... and you feel it and... it feels like a bag of sand when you're touching it.
Yea i forgot to mention the new album thing but lets just hope...

and yea lars too but no im only on about james here...which MR KIPLING...is why im not in the metallica thread so just gtfo man i hate ppl like u
Quote by Mustaine1990
Yea i forgot to mention the new album thing but lets just hope...

and yea lars too but no im only on about james here...which MR KIPLING...is why im not in the metallica thread so just gtfo man i hate ppl like u

Oh shut the f**k up. You don't really have anything intelligent to say, do you?
And how the hell have Metallica gone soft?

S**t or not, St. Anger was Metallica's heaviest stuff yet.

Lars is the one killing Metallica, not James.

Go rag on Dave Mustaine.

Foo'.
Our hearts are with Nick Grundy.
Quote by Ez0ph
I think AvengedThrice is pretty cool guy, eh raeps kittens to death and doesn't afraid of anything.

He knows me well..
Quote by Mustaine1990

He'd be a sell out if he changed his musical style because people were calling him a sellout. That would just be pandering. Let him do what he wants to do.
I've got something in my front pocket for you.
Why don't you reach down in my pocket and see what it is?
Then grab onto it, it's just for you.
Give a little squeeze and say: "How do you do?"
Stop posting things people don't care about! This is a guitar site, if you have guitar questions, procede, if you wanna be on the rag go somewhere else. It's ultimate guitar.com not ultimate tampon.com
Out here you've gotta know where your towel is!
metallica to nickelback comparison is the worst thing i have ever heard. you have got to be kidding me. not even close. anyway you do realize that hetfield wrote most of the stuff before load right? then he gave some of the task to the others... also, do any of you actually remember metallicas official reason for wanting to end downloading? they started by saying that by downloading music, even if you're paying for it, you will only download the songs that you know. people become fans of bands by hearing all of their music and liking all of a bands stuff. now, we are force fed one hit wonders and its the record companys goal to milk a band for one song and ditch them. most people that listen to music dont give a rip about being a loyal fan of any in particular band, and most people that listen to music dont give a rip about concerts. by making it easy to hear one or two songs per artist and only getting the "hit" songs, music has gone tremendously downhill. you have to make these super hits to stay alive. music has changed because of downloading, and not for the better.
Quote by sowhat360
metallica to nickelback comparison is the worst thing i have ever heard. you have got to be kidding me. not even close. anyway you do realize that hetfield wrote most of the stuff before load right? then he gave some of the task to the others... also, do any of you actually remember metallicas official reason for wanting to end downloading? they started by saying that by downloading music, even if you're paying for it, you will only download the songs that you know. people become fans of bands by hearing all of their music and liking all of a bands stuff. now, we are force fed one hit wonders and its the record companys goal to milk a band for one song and ditch them. most people that listen to music dont give a rip about being a loyal fan of any in particular band, and most people that listen to music dont give a rip about concerts. by making it easy to hear one or two songs per artist and only getting the "hit" songs, music has gone tremendously downhill. you have to make these super hits to stay alive. music has changed because of downloading, and not for the better.

well i always download discographies
Metallica thread mayhaps?

Oh and, James is the only decent musician in Metallica (Rob i don't really count), if anything he should ditch lars and kirk and get some decent players who can still double kick and solo without a wah.
Quote by sowhat360
anyway you do realize that hetfield wrote most of the stuff before load right?

I think you'll find that Cliff wrote the basis for it and James then put a guitar riff to it and they both together wrote the stuff and bought it to Kirk and Lars
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
Clooooooooose thiiiiiiiiis threeeaaaadd....
'Thine Eyes Bleed':

Quote by CSguitarvocal
More like... Thine Butthole Bleeds... from all the gay sex you have!!! Ahahaha!

Quote by Butt Rayge
Fuck off already, you fucking faggot fuck.

amidoinitrite?

Quote by DeAd-RiP
I don't care for slipknot unless I'm so drunk I don't care about anything.
Quote by AvengedThrice

Lars is the one killing Metallica, not James.

Lol.

Threads like these contain such frustrating stupidity that's impossible to even explain why you're so wrong.
Quote by justinb904
im more of a social godzilla than chameleon

Quote by MetalMessiah665
Alright, I'll give them a try, Japanese Black Speed rarely disappoints.

Quote by azzemojo
Hmm judging from your pic you'd fit in more with a fat busted tribute.
Quote by Yngwi3
I think you'll find that Cliff wrote the basis for it and James then put a guitar riff to it and they both together wrote the stuff and bought it to Kirk and Lars

NO.

Lars and James are the foundations of the band. Cliff was an active contributor too but in no way did they ever bring finished songs to Lars.
Quote by justinb904
im more of a social godzilla than chameleon

Quote by MetalMessiah665
Alright, I'll give them a try, Japanese Black Speed rarely disappoints.

Quote by azzemojo
Hmm judging from your pic you'd fit in more with a fat busted tribute.
I'm anxiously waiting for Metallica's new effort. They say that it makes them forget about what they put out in the last 15 years... And James is pretty much 75% Metallica... he's been their frontman since their inception in '81, so there's no way that Metallica should rid James of his works. He is getting old now, but "The Other New Song" made me think differently about the current Metallica.
Quote by Rize
I'm anxiously waiting for Metallica's new effort. They say that it makes them forget about what they put out in the last 15 years... And James is pretty much 75% Metallica... he's been their frontman since their inception in '81, so there's no way that Metallica should rid James of his works. He is getting old now, but "The Other New Song" made me think differently about the current Metallica.

Care to elaborate?

Hetfield is a decent enough singer, And NO-ONE can bash Kirk. Kirk was the only one who kept his head together in the Some Kind of Monster documentary, the only one making sense. AND if you were HALF the guitar player he was...
/Fanboy Rant
James isn't killing Metallica, he's keeping them alive! I think Bob Rock was the main reason they changed.
I've had Alzheimer's Disease for as long as I can remember.

Quote by damian_91
Pleasure2kill, you are a genius!