anyone tried one. thinking of running one via a JMP preamp and a 4x12. Will this be loud enough for medium sized clubs?
I've heard good things but I've never got to try one myself.
Emo is to music as etch-a-sketch is to art.

Quote by TMVolta19
Music can't really be judged, since it's all on the same level. Unless it's screamo. then it sucks.
Quote by omarrodrigez
I've heard good things but I've never got to try one myself.

i live in a remote area i would have to travel about 300 miles to hear one. Really need to rely on reviews, youtube and here.
Mesa poweramps are some of the best units for the price imo, they make great poweramps. I think you could probably get away with it for a medium size venue, since the 20/20 is 2x channels of 20W tube. It's essentially the same as a 40W tube amp if you are running both channels together, one into each side of your cab. Mesa amps are very loud, and most medium sized venues will have a PA system I would imagine

That said, personally, I would prefer at least a 50W if you are unmic'd, and depending what you play. I assume heavier stuff, so loud drummer, bassist, etc.. If it were me, I would step up to the 2:50 if it's regular gigs in larger venues, especially if you are unsure of the PA.
"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool." - W.S.
amp clips
amp vids
Quote by Erock503
Mesa poweramps are some of the best units for the price imo, they make great poweramps. I think you could probably get away with it for a medium size venue, since the 20/20 is 2x channels of 20W tube. It's essentially the same as a 40W tube amp if you are running both channels together, one into each side of your cab. Mesa amps are very loud, and most medium sized venues will have a PA system I would imagine

That said, personally, I would prefer at least a 50W if you are unmic'd, and depending what you play. I assume heavier stuff, so loud drummer, bassist, etc.. If it were me, I would step up to the 2:50 if it's regular gigs in larger venues, especially if you are unsure of the PA.

i have my own pa if i was in dire circumstances i could use my mackie active pa purely for driving the guitar.