Hey guys. Looking to pick up a new guitar for around $700. I don't have a guitar center or anything around me, so I need some advice. The only two I really have in mind is the Schecter c-1 Hellraiser a the ESP EX-400. What do you guys think?

Oh, and I'm still pretty much a beginner. Just over a year. My amp is a Cube 100, and although I'd like to, I won't be upgrading the amp anytime soon.
well i bought my ibanez s470dxqm for 650 online. you can probably get it for cheaper at a real store and maybe buy a pedal with it
♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥
Heh... i just sold my s470... but yeah the hellraiser plays great and so does that esp... ummm i guess what you should do, is find a store and actually play the guitars you are interested in... thats the best way to shop...
Guitars
Epiphone LP Standard
Gibson L-6S
Amplifiers
Randall RH200 G2 Series
Legion 2x12 Cab
B-52 LG-100A For Sale
Pedal Board
Boss NS-2
Boss Tuner
Dunlop Crybaby From Hell
MXR Zakk Wylde O-D
Boss MT-2 For Sale
Boss Eq For Sale
Schecter C-1 Classic or Hell Raiser Hands down. My C-1 Classic outplays most Gibsons, Fenders and Ibanezs. It's a killer guitar for the price. Lets just put it this way, if it cost $1600 I'd still buy it.
Emo is to music as etch-a-sketch is to art.

Quote by TMVolta19
Music can't really be judged, since it's all on the same level. Unless it's screamo. then it sucks.
my only advice would be to actually go somewhere and play all of these guitars first. sure they may be great instuments, but you need to play the guitar that you personally like the best. not just based on specs and pictures. so fill up your car and start jamming
Yeah, I hear great things about the c-1. I dig the looks of the exp though. Anyone have experience with the Synyster model from Schecter?
SCHECTERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! hell yeah!
heavy support of A7X army pm Copius
Quote by spl3001
I think we can all really agree that nothing is more metal than playing a Telecaster....On fire.

Quote by GiantRaven
The rest of the album is brilliant but that one song just really gets right on my tits for some reason
The shecter C-1 is a great deal, I considered it, but instead I bought the ESP ec-1000 for like $730 check it out IT ROCKS!
(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Put him in your signature and help
(")_(") him on his way to world domination.

"Arguing online is like racing in the Special Olympics- Even if
you win you're still retarded."

"You cant spell crap without rap"
How is the avenger hellraiser? It looks like pretty much the same guitar, but I like the style a bit more.
Quote by Storm_Bringer_
synyster gates thing is ok but not worth the money

i would totally buy that guitar if it didn't have that damn A7X bat and SYN on the fretboard

i mean, i love a7x and all, its just kinda tacky
My Myspace
My Covers
PLEASE WATCH AND COMMMENT

My Gear

Schecter S1 Elite
Line 6 Sypder II 212
Dunlop DB-01 Dime Crybaby From Hell Wah
BOSS PS-5 Super Shifter
BOSS DS-1 Distortion
I personally like my Jackson DK2M Dinky. It'll cost you $630 off Musicians Friend, and somewhere around 700 bucks straight up from a regular store, so price range it suits you. It plays awesomely, very comfortable, et all. Overall a very good guitar for the money, and it looks like genre-wise, it'll also suit you. Plus, it looks kinda cool.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Jackson-DK2M-Dinky-Electric-Guitar?sku=517588
Quote by Sonicxlover
Kensai, I think I'll get a flamboyant sig.

Quote by Sonicxlover

Quote by Sonicxlover

Parker Nitefly Mojo sonnn
Jackson DK2M Dinky
Carvin Legacy
Fender Blues Jr.
Roland Cube 30X
Last edited by Sonicxlover at Sep 4, 2007,
There both great guitars. You would be satisfied with both, so I suggest you play them first to see which is more comfortable. If i were in your situation, I would get the ESP

Also, +1 for the DK2M Dinky. You should give it a look too.
schecter c-1 classic

Gear:
Gibson Les Paul Standard
Schecter C1 Classic
Ovation CS257
Drive Stratocaster copy

Traynor YCV80 all Tube
Pignose G40V Tube Amp

Ibanez TS9
Digitech GNX2
Line6 POD
Fostex MR8HD multitrack recorder