I dropped my guitar on the pavement and broke the neck right off the body, and there is now a crack where the neck is bolted on in the picture below, how can I fix this problem?

I hope I can fix it
o boy...idk if you can.
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Squier Classic Vibe Tele
Fulltone Clyde Wah
Fulltone OCD
Fulltone Deja Vibe
Fuzz Factory
Carbon Copy

Boutique Marshall-Style 50watt amp head
Orange 2x12
Quote by HyperBoy2519
o boy...idk if you can.

Oh boy you're helpful.

Is it just a cosmetic thing or is it affecting how the guitar sounds?

My Guitars:
Fender Mustang.
Yamaha FG-413SL.
^ EDIT: If it's just cosmetic don't get it repaired. Waste of money.

Might be fixable but not by you. You need to take it to a luthier.

It's gonna be costly though - Very Expensive..

Maybe you should invest into a new guitar and scrap that one. Take the electronics out and sell what you can.

What guitar is it?
Flap it and enjoy yourself...

Xbox Live GT = The Donkey Fly
'...and those who fought on that day of honor, the day of victory shall be forever remembered as Lime Green' - Oct 31st 08
it doesn't affect the sound but the neck leans toward the bottom horn a bit causing the strings to be a bit uneven no fret buzz though
seriously...

that guitar will never sound the same. keep it on your wall as a reminder but you are just gunna have to get something new. for that guitar to sound whole you are going to have to buy a new body and neck. ^^ was right the electronics are prolly the only thing you can salvage. when you compromise the integrity on the wood than you lose sustain and tone quality.

save up for your dream guitar
Quote by gilbeaux1983
Ibanez RG321MH

I found a site which sells that at £170. So it not worth getting fixing. I reckon your gonna be looking at Maybe £75-100 to get it fixed. I don't know though - it may be nothing like that.

Survive with it and look around for your next guitar.
Flap it and enjoy yourself...

Xbox Live GT = The Donkey Fly
'...and those who fought on that day of honor, the day of victory shall be forever remembered as Lime Green' - Oct 31st 08
You could create a custom body and put the hardware and electronics in it with a few mods which probably wouldn't be that expensive.
Quote by Invader Jim
Well, opinions are like assholes...

Quote by LP Addict
they excrete feces, playing a vital role in the digestion system?

lol
wow lol that would be pretty easy to fix actually not after you screwed the chips in though.
I think I am just gonna try and fix it maybe learn something! if I mess it up more thats ok I am gonna get another guitar and not drop it! so anybody have any ideas?
Quote by gilbeaux1983
I think I am just gonna try and fix it maybe learn something! if I mess it up more thats ok I am gonna get another guitar and not drop it! so anybody have any ideas?

Find a religion and pray a lot... and if your already religious your halfway there congradulations.
Take the neck of the guitar. Then use a pipette (really cheap, find them at most hardware stores, or just talk to your science teacher, they will know whats up) and drop some wood glue in the cracks. Clamp, wipe up the excess, and then let it dry. I think thats all you will need to do. If you do it right you won't even need to refinish.

I can't tell though from the picture, but I think this is what you need to do.
Growing old is inevitable, growing up is optional

Member #9 of the Samnung Has Crabs Club , PM Powerhouse to join

Custom Build
Accidents happen. My condolences though as I would freak if it was an expensive guitar! For your next guitar get a straplock system for when you're wearing it and a hardshell case for when you're not!
Quote by KenG
Accidents happen. My condolences though as I would freak if it was an expensive guitar! For your next guitar get a straplock system for when you're wearing it and a hardshell case for when you're not!

Agreed with him... I would also think the wood glue idea would work... but considering your necks not stright O.o, it might not seems your missing a peice. Sucks but a hard lesson learned is one that is not soon forgotten. Learn from this ordeal and be more protective of your gear.
whats with that screw in there?
Quote by asfastasdark
+1. This man knows his ****.

Walker Rose.
Quote by walker-rose
whats with that screw in there?

I was asking myself the same quesiton... my thought is some febal attempt at a quick repair. only problem is that screw is going to mess with stuff, because it could of acted like a wedge and pusehd the wood out agenst the neck even more so then it was.
That should be fixable, I'm about ready to call it a night, but if you want a step by step, let me know and I'll try it in the morning...

Are any pieces missing? Are you pretty good with woodwork? Do you have the tools you need? That would be good wood glue, (I use Titebond it's better than plain elmers wood glue, or Formby's) a clamp or two, sandpaper in a couple of grits from 180 to 400 or so, a syringe or pipette or the glue, a hardwood dowel might be handy to fill the screwhole, (available at places like Home Depot) screwdrivers to remove parts and lots of patience.
Hmmm...I wonder what this button does...