right.........the truss rod just goes into a channel under the fretboard with the adjustable end sticking out into the headstock yea. is there more to it or is it really that easy?

thanks in advance

me
Quote by AvengedThrice
Best thread name EVER.

Just attack 'em with some pliers dude.

about me XD

Quote by Jack Off Jill
Quote:

I wish I was gay.
The truss rod keeps the guitar's neck straight. If the truss rod is displaced, the strings may hit the neck when strummed, muting the sound, and preventing you from playing. By adjusting the truss rod, you can fix the problem. However, if you have a graphite-neck model, (you probably don't) then a truss rod is unnecessary, since you can't warp graphite.
If it was EASY to play guitar , everyone would be like ME
and that answers my question how?

i know what it does. i just dont no how to fit one in a neck
is it just laid in a channel under the fretboard or does there need to be some wood holding it at the head end?
Quote by AvengedThrice
Best thread name EVER.

about me XD

Quote by Jack Off Jill
Quote:

I wish I was gay.
There's an anchor at each end. Basically it is a rectangular piece of steel that gets anchored into that channel in the neck. The anchors can be glued, epoxied, siliconed, etc down into the channel. Most of the times they're snug enough to just hammer down.
'Aim at perfection in everything, though in most things it is unattainable. However, they who aim at it, and persevere, will come much nearer to it than those whose despondency and laziness make them give it up as unattainable.'
now that is a lot more helpful

thanks i was sure i was missing something

thanks very muchly
Quote by AvengedThrice
Best thread name EVER.

about me XD

Quote by Jack Off Jill
Quote:

I wish I was gay.