Hey everybody—first post, so be nice.

I just purchased a Digitech JamMan, and I’m having trouble figuring out how to set up loops and getting them repeat properly.

The problem is that the JamMan seems to work in measures, rather than just looping what I record. So if I record a short loop, it will play the lick, then pause until a new measure starts before looping the phrase. Unless I plan my phrases to fit into a measure, I end up with an awkward pause between repetitions of the loop.

While I see the benefits of working with a set tempo, this seems like it would be a real pain most of the time.

Is this a “feature” that I need to learn to work with? The only other looper that I’ve played with was one of the Boss pedals, and I don’t remember this being an issue.

Thanks for any help you can offer,
Josh
I don't know the Jamman, but I have a digitech multi with the looping feature. Is there an auto quantize feature somewhere that you can shut off?
"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool." - W.S.
amp clips
amp vids
Quote by Erock503
I don't know the Jamman, but I have a digitech multi with the looping feature. Is there an auto quantize feature somewhere that you can shut off?

Not that I can find. The JamMan has a tempo button, and I've tried turning that off. But it seems to automatically select a tempo and position my lick at the beginning of a measure. The manual isn't very good, in my opinion, and I'm hoping there's something simple that I'm missing...

Josh