I've been a longtime fan of Kustom amplifiers (I own one of their solid-state 212s and it is extraordinary) and a while back, I saw that they put out a line of all-tube amps called the Coupe . . . looks like there are 212 combos, 210 combos, and a stack version, and I was just wondering if anyone has used them at all. For the price, I would hope they would be good. The only store close to me who deals Kustoms doesn't have any , so I thought I'd see if anyone here had any experience with them.
the 36 2x12 was pretty legit. id consider adding one to the stable.
im a legend fan too. heh.
heres a link to a video demo

http://www.gearwire.com/kustom-36-coupe.html

sounds great
Quote by Soma3009
I came up with this kick ass riff on my ukelele when I was 12. Find out two years later, it was smoke on the water. Got my hopes and dreams killed..

Quote by saintjimmy99
you used the right form of "their!" i commend you sir!

Last edited by marvelboy_04 at Sep 4, 2007,
yeah, i liked the one i tried. i wouldn't want to pay UK prices for one (£800/$1600 ouch!), but at US prices ($800, i think?) they're quite nice. you have other things like traynors to try too, of course, at that price.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
a store by me uses a coupé as the amp they put the guitars through. It seems very versatile, not the right amp for me because its a bit too high-gain for my liking (i'm a vox guy mainly with amps), but it is pretty good. not sure what exact model it is though, i think it is the 212.

apparently its like a mesa/boogie according to the guy in this shop, but i wouldn't know if this is true as theres nowhere by me to get anything other than fender, laney, marshall (MGs... ), line 6 or kustom amps...
Rig Winter 2017:

Fender Jazzmaster/Yamaha SG1000
Boss TU-3, DS-2, CS-3, EHX small stone, Danelectro delay
Laney VC30-112 with G12H30 speaker, or Session Rockette 30 for smaller gigs
Elixir Nanoweb 11-49 strings, Dunlop Jazz III XL picks
Shure SM57 mic in front of the amp
Quote by Dave_Mc
yeah, i liked the one i tried. i wouldn't want to pay UK prices for one (£800/$1600 ouch!), but at US prices ($800, i think?) they're quite nice. you have other things like traynors to try too, of course, at that price.

More like $1000-1200 for the combo versions. I wasn't really shopping, per se, just wanting to see what they sounded like. They don't "look" particularly high-gain (*shrug*), but if they are, then maybe I'll be looking to upgrade from my Kustom SS to a Kustom tube soon.

Describe the sound a bit for me, if I could get you to.
the coupe mesa-ish? not too sure... i guess it's possibly a little like an f-series, though. but not as modern-sounding on the overdrive channel.

The cleans are fendery and warm, very nice. nice compression too as you turn it up a little.
The overdrive channel is nice too, from what i remember it has quite a nice range. gets pretty high gain, but if all you play is modern high gain stuff, there are better options for $1200 (5150/6505 or xxx to name but two). I'd say it's a nice all-round amp, for someone who wants to play from clean to metal, with everything in-between, with no real emphasis on any one style.

I think. it's a while since I've tried one. at $1200 you do have quite a few options, though- traynor, peavey, engl screamer, genz benz el diablo, etc., etc.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?