Of course they're not, but with a thread title like this, I'm sure to get some VOX afficionados in here. Hopefully you can help me out.

I'm looking to buy a new a tube combo, and I've pretty much settled for the AC30. However, I've noticed there are two versions, the CC1 and CC2 (one and two speakers). In all the online stores I've checked, they are the same price. So, I'm guessing the speaker in the CC1 is somewhat better, but I really don't know the difference (I'm not talking about the one with Alnico Blue speakers by the way, I can't afford that one).

My natural instinct is to go with the CC2 (two speakers are better than one, right?), but if the CC1 will sound a lot better, I'd be stupid not to get that one. At the moment, I'll primarily be using the amplifier in my apartment, so I'll mostly be playing at low volumes. But I hope to do some gigging soon, and I'm guessing the CC2 will be a bit louder, and thus more suitable for live situations.

I don't really know too much about amps, so any input is appreciated.
Well the CC1's Neodynium speaker isn't directly better. I prefer the AC30CC2 with the Wharfendales.
Quote by stratman_13
It's okay Gabel. You kick ass.

18watter video demo

My band

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
Quote by Gabel
Well the CC1's Neodynium speaker isn't directly better. I prefer the AC30CC2 with the Wharfendales.

Yeahuh. But then it's a question of portability too - an AC30 2x12 weighs about as much as your average 4x12 Mesa Cab...
The Laney Thread are big and clever. No exceptions.
Quote by Gabel

The CC2 has Vox custom speakers
^ They're Vox custom Wharfdales. Don't question Gabe on amps, just don't. Do YOU like being smited by lightning?
I have the CC1. Yes, I'm a proud owner of the bastard stepchild of the AC30 family. The speaker in it is more expensive than the Wharfdales, that's why it's the same price. Otherwise, it's the same exact amp.

Advantages of the CC1, IMHO, are that it's significantly lighter (by about 15 pounds/7 kilos), and that when it comes time to replace the speaker, you only have to replace one! The Red Fang Gabel put in his Rocker probably being a nice choice. All AC30's give you the option of running an extension cab, too.

If you're not going for the Celestion Blues, I think the CC1's a great choice. And if you look used, the CC1 can generally be found pretty cheap (seems like a lot of people have trouble getting past the 2x12 paradigm).
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
Quote by cokeisbetter
^ They're Vox custom Wharfdales. Don't question Gabe on amps, just don't. Do YOU like being smited by lightning?

ok. haha, I've never played the CC2, I only know because I read the specs only 5 minutes before reading this thread.
Quote by slatsmania
I have the CC1. Yes, I'm a proud owner of the bastard stepchild of the AC30 family. The speaker in it is more expensive than the Wharfdales, that's why it's the same price. Otherwise, it's the same exact amp.

Advantages of the CC1, IMHO, are that it's significantly lighter (by about 15 pounds/7 kilos), and that when it comes time to replace the speaker, you only have to replace one! The Red Fang Gabel put in his Rocker probably being a nice choice. All AC30's give you the option of running an extension cab, too.

If you're not going for the Celestion Blues, I think the CC1's a great choice. And if you look used, the CC1 can generally be found pretty cheap (seems like a lot of people have trouble getting past the 2x12 paradigm).

The Red Fang is an exellent choice. It's not that expensive and it sounds great!

Quote by cokeisbetter

Sigged!
Quote by stratman_13
It's okay Gabel. You kick ass.

18watter video demo

My band

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
Thanks for the input, guys.
I've actually changed my mind, and I'll probably get the Orange Rocker 30 instead, but this information might come in handy in the future.