Page 1 of 4
Yeah, the usual, school is making me cut my hair, I have a day to cut it, but I dont want to (it's not even shoulder length). They say its school rules, my principle wouldnt even let me ask him a question. I tried google to try and find some written document somewhere, but to no avail. Any help? And please don't post "Just get it cut it's only hair!!!"
Unless your school is an all boys school then surely the girls are allowed long hair. So you could accuse them of sexism and threaten to sue.

Or, suck it up.
Rob Schneider is... Da Derp Dee Derp Da Teetley Derpee Derpee Dumb! Rated PG-13.
Quote by AvengedThrice
True that. True that.
Methinks you pwned the thread dude.

Member number 8 of THE OFFICIAL UG TRANSFORMERS CLUB
Starscream
p.m. D. Rice to get number/ranking
Tell him you will cut it only if every women in the school who has longer hair than you also gets it cut, thenwhen he says no, call him a sexist
█████████████████
█████████████████
███████████████
██████████████
███████████████
█████████████████
█████████████████
█████████████████
Look, stop trying to be a rebel. Hair is just hair. It's not gonna change the way you live if you cut it.
Friends, applaud the comedy is over.

I'd dance with you but...

Freedom of Expression.
Quote by ep1kz
wtf? why didnt you punch one of them in the face or something? they're not girls, they are fat chavs, they are their own gender
I don't know about Ireland, but in NJ, public schools can't make you get a haircut. But if it's a private school, they can make whatever rules they want about appearance.
Peace.
Human Rights.

You're two up on them if you need long hair for Religious reasons.

Also, it depends whether it's a State-Run school or a Private School.
Terms and Conditions apply.
I have the same problem, our hair has to be above our shirt collar which is pretty short, most of the other schools around are allowed theirs longer...
Quote by cagnius
Human Rights.

You're two up on them if you need long hair for Religious reasons.

Also, it depends whether it's a State-Run school or a Private School.

rofl, just tell them that you're a nazarene.
*I dont want to cut it, im attched to it now (literally :P)

*Its in Northern Ireland, we dont have "public" or "private "schools, we just choose school by religion.

* Its a mixed school (boys and girls), I've tried saying its sexist, but they just say theres nothing I can do about it
Quote by duggyrocks

*Its in Northern Ireland, we dont have "public" or "private "schools, we just choose school by religion.

* Its a mixed school (boys and girls), I've tried saying its sexist, but they just say theres nothing I can do about it

All your schools are religious?
...that must suck...
Quote by ep1kz
wtf? why didnt you punch one of them in the face or something? they're not girls, they are fat chavs, they are their own gender
Quote by duggyrocks

What are they gonna do if you don't get it cut?
my band Crimson Angel

PM me if you're interested in drumming for us
dont cut it see what happens
EDIT= if its a religious school just stroll in and when they say "why isnt your hair cut ?"
say "how long was jesus hair ? " ownage ensues
Just cut it, for God's sake! It's not as if you'll lose your soul or personality.
Friends, applaud the comedy is over.

I'd dance with you but...

Quote by duggyrocks

*Its in Northern Ireland, we dont have "public" or "private "schools, we just choose school by religion

The school is either funded by government or it isn't. Let me know either way.

Brilliant.

Best thing you can do is cause a lot of publicity about it. Do you have a local paper or Councillor who you could write to?
if its private school you have to listen to them. If its public, tell them to eat sh*t.

edit: i just read some posts that make this post useless. Sorry for the inconvenience. Ignore me.
Quote by bequickorbedead
I have the same problem, our hair has to be above our shirt collar which is pretty short, most of the other schools around are allowed theirs longer...

Our school says it has to be above ear height
Try wearing a hat and sticking all your hair under it.

Of course they probably don't want you to wear hats either. You're probably just going to have to cut it. To me it wouldn't be worth it to fight over it.

EDIT:

Quote by the agony scene
say "how long was jesus hair ? "

Yes, that's a good idea. Compare yourself to Jesus in a religious school.

My Guitars:
Fender Mustang.
Yamaha FG-413SL.
Last edited by screamsoftly at Sep 4, 2007,
the way you look makes other people see who you are
if long hair is a part of its important.
i have quite long hair, and i´d find it horrible if they made me cut it.
so i´d say **** the school, do your hair like u wanna
Gear:

Jackson performer (miJ)
Cort Earth 700
roland cube 15
Behringer Wah
Boss rc-2 loop station

Dutch Power!!

Quote by DieGarbageMan
Proffesser Oak : I Came when i heard you beat the elite four

Quote by the agony scene

dude if that doesnt convince them nothing will... maybe try saying if god didnt want me to have lnog hair, he wouldnt of let it keep growing
█████████████████
█████████████████
███████████████
██████████████
███████████████
█████████████████
█████████████████
█████████████████
Quote by the agony scene
dont cut it see what happens
EDIT= if its a religious school just stroll in and when they say "why isnt your hair cut ?"

Win.

Don't cut your hair if you don't want to. But I really don't know much about whether you'd be justified in Ireland...
WHOALASKA!! WHOALASKAAAA!!!
Quote by denizenz
I read this in the literal sense and I had to do a double take...I assume you mean metaphorically.

Yes...yes I did
If it's in the schools dress code, then you have to comply. When you(or your parents) signed you up for the school, they will have agreed to the dress code.
Resistance is futile.
don't know about Ireland but I would call up a parliment member or lawyer and find out your rights....and yes if women can have long hair so should you, we (incl Ireland) live in a society of equality....I surely doubt I reland has communism/dictatorship and that you live in a democratic society so I would say that there is nothing preventing yiou from having long hair other than a principle who is on a power trip....tell them to show you where it says you have to cut your hair (not in thier school rules but what legally gives them the right to force you to do this)....I assume your parents pay taxes and that thier taxes fund the school thus the pricple is acountable if he kicks you out and must have reason....I would fight it all the way, be the one who makes changes in the "old school" way of thinking
BC Rich Mocking bird
Ibanez Artcore
Epiphone LP JR customized
80's Vantage
Takamine 12 String
Ibanez Bass
Washburn Bass
Marshall JCM900
Marshall 1960a 4x12 with 75's
Acoustic 150
Line 6 POD
Boss OC-2
Heil Talk box
Schools in Northern Ireland are pretty much all public. Usually they are Grammar schools or ordinary secondary schools.

...and no, schools in Northern Ireland aren't usually religious, it's just some schools only allow Catholics which is stupid and secterian IMO.
Articles 8-10 of the ECHR could help you. Learn them and raise them with your Head at school. Bring a parent to add gravitas to it all.

Failing that, report to a local/national (tabloid) and hope that they'll jump on your bandwagon.

To be honest, it all seems like a bit much effort for silly long hair.

EDIT:

I forgot to mention that if it is a Privately funded school, you probably won't have a limb to stand on. The school will have a dress code in its school rules which will most likely have been an implied term that your parents would have accepted on your behalf before joining the school.
What would be even better is if you cut it short, then shaved a rude word in the back.
Rob Schneider is... Da Derp Dee Derp Da Teetley Derpee Derpee Dumb! Rated PG-13.
Quote by AvengedThrice
True that. True that.
Methinks you pwned the thread dude.

Member number 8 of THE OFFICIAL UG TRANSFORMERS CLUB
Starscream
p.m. D. Rice to get number/ranking
above ear level? so you mean everyone has to be chavized?
Quote by roast
Cool, thanks Lagrance.

Randall Rx15
Ibanez Rg321Mh
Musima 25K Deluxe
Zoom 505 II
Quote by Lagrance
above ear level? so you mean everyone has to be chavized?

You'rw only a chav if the mass of hair gel applied to your (unwashed) hair in the morning is greater than or equal to the mass of hair to which it is applied.
Cut your hair, but then dye it blue. See how they like that.
Originally posted by Neon Knight
Ramco i worship you and your awesome comment \m/
Quote by GiantRaven
1. It is only hair

2. When you're at school they own you

I agree with number 1, but 2 is way too wrong, in my opinion...

If it's a private school, and you pay them... You own their assholes

Quote by Child In Time
Just cut it, for God's sake! It's not as if you'll lose your soul or personality.

I agree... But if he's looking for help, he probably has reasons not to cut his hair. I don't care about them, but if I was in your position, I'd try and talk to the principal or something.

And that's a ****ing idiot rule, my God... You're there for education, not for people to change you.
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

Has a Surf Music band
Last edited by The Lucifer Sam at Sep 4, 2007,
Page 1 of 4