Hey, the input jack on my guitar fell through completely. First the nut and washer came off and then i accidentally pushed the remaining jack into my guitar's body (which is a semi-hollow body). This is not under warranty and is a common problem as I am told. Does anybody know a way to fix this at home instead of taking it to a shop?
u need to fish it out. F holes would help. barring that, a hanger wire in hooking the input in from the input hole.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
You can unscrew the back plate of your guitar depending on what it is, and it should be there.
alot of semi hollows dont have that option.^ im guessing that's why he's asking.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

I have an epiphone Dot semi hollow body. It's tough to fish out the input jack because i cant see it. I have the nut and washer because they fell off, but the rest is in the guitar. how can i get the jack back up?
i know. im saying if u dont have F holes, then u need to fish it out thru the input hole with a flashlight, a hanger wire or similar.

if u dont want to do that, then i guess u can take off or move the strings, and then remove the pickups, to try to get in thru there.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62

Hanger, or small magnets. Or else, bring it to a shop. It costs like 5$ to get it done
Jiggy,
What style guitar do you have? As Jenny asked, does it have "F" holes on it? Those are the fancy cutouts near the bottom of the body. Can you "Fish" a stout piece of wire, from the "F" hole to the output jack hole? Try to access the jack there, attach a string to it, attach the other end of the sting to the wire, and use the wire to pull the string with the jack out the jack hole, then grab the jack for all your worth, cut the string, and attach the jack washer and nut. Otherwise you'll have to unstring the guitar, pull the bridge pickup, and try the fishing process from that point. Another option is that if you have a plastic plate where the volume and tone controls are attached to, is to try fishing the jack from there out the jack hole. Or check on the back of the guitar. Is there an access panel there?