My boss wont let me take a sick day. He thinks Im hung over like 10 other people but I actually have a concussion. I cant concentrate, im dizzy, lightheaded and easily disoriented. My doctor said to stay home and itll be too expensive to go back downtown to get a note from him and Ill be late for my shift.

Advice?

Id show them the bump on my head but I have alot of hair and the last time I touched it I vomited.
The only things we hate are those things we try to hide from others.

Quote by Deliriumbassist
Quote by Carmel
Either way, I don't think bananas should be placed in such proximity to an ass

I disagree. Bananas and ass are like peaches and cream.
Well if your doctor told you to stay home, then get him to ring your boss or show your boss a note from the doctor.
but but.... i thought you were a superhero :-(

but just quit,if your boss is that big of a dick
Quote by BrianApocalypse
They're all covers, but "Think" was actually written by Urethra Franklin.

Founder of the Offical Henry Polfave Sucks club
Tell your boss what you told us, then call up your doctor and tell him the situation. Ask for a note but describe the situation and see if you can pick it up when you're feeling better (since the doctor already checked your condition just ask for the note for that appointment). Then just bring it in to work the next shift you go in for. If the boss is still pissed crack him over the head with a shovel and see if he comes in the next day.
Try your hardest to show him your head, then if he see's it, problem solved, if you touch it and vomit, problem solved
Quote by cagnius
You need the letter, I'm afraid.

"said his boss"
Catch me,
heal me,
Lift me back up to the Sun
I choose to live
I work at a ****ty car wash called Chamois, Im a 16 year old guy.

I probably should quit but i dunno...cant really blame him. So many of the ppl i work with were drunk last night so he wont let people call in sick (hangover).
Its a good job, i have good co-workers and this is my first issue so i dont think ill quit but i doubt ill go in. Probably get lost on the way or crash my bike

Quote by mattvl
Tell your boss what you told us, then call up your doctor and tell him the situation. Ask for a note but describe the situation and see if you can pick it up when you're feeling better (since the doctor already checked your condition just ask for the note for that appointment). Then just bring it in to work the next shift you go in for. If the boss is still pissed crack him over the head with a shovel and see if he comes in the next day.

ohh god it hurts to laugh

That sounds like a good plan actually (maybe minus the shovel part)

Quote by Deliriumbassist
Quote by Carmel

Quote by Henry Polfave
but but.... i thought you were a superhero :-(

but just quit,if your boss is that big of a dick

Some people need to work too much than to just quit because their boss is a dick..

...and I doubt it's legal
Phone your boss, and give him your doctors phone number, so that he can ask your doctor about you. Phone your doctor first, though, to let him know.
actually, im pretty sure there are labor laws that help you out with that... it all started with the industrial revolution [blah blah blah]...
Quote by Shattuck
I need some music that makes you envision a dark room illuminated by only candles and perhaps a creepy middle aged man in a bathrobe.

Quote by Skullbolt
Rape: Is it in you?
Your boss needs a good wash.
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
I called my doctor, he said he'd call my boss when he got the chance. Thanks for the help guys. Dunno why i never thought of it... >_>

Quote by Deliriumbassist
Quote by Carmel

^ Yeah, thats the best thing to do. Of course, if your boss doesnt get the message the doctor will probably leave with his secretary, and fires you - you can sue for unfair dismissal.
Metal Forum Popular Vote Winner!!!

Quote by webbtje
Quote by dead-fish
And you're obviously here because you fancy Phill.
Phill is a very attractive guy...

"I'm so tempted to sig that, Phill" - Sig it then

Unless otherwise stated, assume everything I say is in my opinion.
Quote by SuPaGrAm
I called my doctor, he said he'd call my boss when he got the chance. Thanks for the help guys. Dunno why i never thought of it... >_>

You'll still need to write a note/letter to your boss saying you're concerned with your health regarding the concussion, and since you're only 16, if he doesn't give you time off, then yes, it's illegal.
Quote by el-ECTRO
You have the most awesome username ever. I am not worthy.

Timendi causa est nescire

Quote by SuPaGrAm

Probably because you have a concussion