Voters: 489.
Page 1 of 5
No way. Love the stuff.
:stickpoke

Baby, if I were biscuits and you were gravy, I'd sop you up

FIGHT IGNORANCE

"I fear for my flesh, but I fear for my spirit even more..."
Not this discussion again.

I think that people who think it's wrong should stand by their beliefs just like people who think there is no problem, but they shouldn't try to convice either of the other sides. It's intolerant.

That said, I have to be honest, I love my steak every now and then.
Last edited by confusius at Sep 4, 2007,
Humans are designed to eat tofu and carrots.
Dear God, do you actually answer prayers?

Yes, but only in a way indistinguishable from random luck or the result of your own efforts.
Being an omnivore is natural. Being a herbivore is something enforced upon yourself, so no, it's not wrong to eat meat.
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
No, nothing wrong with eating meat, but the animal cruelty that sometimes goes along with raising animals to be eaten is unsavory. That doesn't stop me though.
Inherently, it is not wrong. Factory farming of animals is wrong. Eating meat every meal, every day is downright unhealthy.

Most everything, including meat, can be good in moderation, but unfortunately the majority of the world's population doesn't moderate it's major problems, let alone it's meat intake.
Yes.

VEGAN FTW!!!

There's only one thing we can do to thwart the plot of these albino shape-shifting lizard BITCHES!
Quote by bequickorbedead
No, I disagree with the way many of the animals are treated though...

i agree
Quote by Dirge Humani
...Chitlin?

yeah.. I don't know.

I actually did a 9th grade report on this. it was called, "Save a Tree, Kill a Carrot? The Hypocrisy of Contemporary Vegans and Vegetarians." nevertheless, I rarely, if ever, consume the aminals.

it's nearly impossible to avoid using items that contain absolutely no animal products or by-products. even sugar is processed using bone char.
Quote by denizenz
Another vegetarian thread? It's such bullshit. Anyone who is against eating animals or using them in commercial products needs to read up on gelatin. The end...

I have 'read up' on gelatin. I think it's disgusting and don't use anything it's in...
There's only one thing we can do to thwart the plot of these albino shape-shifting lizard BITCHES!
Cows have teeth made for chewing grass and stuff, dogs have teeth for ripping flesh. We have both kindsm, so use them for it.
Wise Man Says: The guitar is obviously female, she's got hips, breasts... and a hole.
UG's Flamenco Club
Quote by DigUpHerBones
Yes.

VEGAN FTW!!!

Vegetarianism is understandable. Vegans are crazy.
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
My arguement been - Why else were we born with sharp teeth? Hah I don't think we evolved with crisp packets in mind, people.
Also, the animals we regularly eat aren't exactly blessed with intelligence. Cows - black & white, brown. Where do they stand? Green fields.
The rig:
Gibson SG faded special -> Marshall MG 50/100 (working on a valve amp)
Backup: Vintage AV1
Newcastle United
i look at this way. if we were in, say, a lions position, it wouldn't think twice about eating us.
Fender Mexican Stratocaster - 3 tone Sunburst
Fender Soronan - Lake Placid Blue
Fender FM210
Boss DS-2
Boss CE-5
Boss OD-3
Dunlop Cry Baby
Fender PT100
Quote by DigUpHerBones
I have 'read up' on gelatin. I think it's disgusting and don't use anything it's in...

So you don't take tylenol, print photos, drink green tea, lime or citrus soda, mountain dew, use matches, use sandpaper, playing cards, or trading cards?
Quote by denizenz
Another vegetarian thread? It's such bullshit. Anyone who is against eating animals or using them in commercial products needs to read up on gelatin. The end...

...? The vegetarians I know don't eat Gelatin...
Quote by darkstar2466
Vegetarianism is understandable. Vegans are crazy.

Well I've been a vegetarian basically all of my life, and only a vegan for about half a week but I know that I'm going to stick with it for a long time. I just feel a lot better being one. I prefer vegan food to everything else, and I think it's wrong that humans farm animals for any kind of product.

Quote by denizenz
So you don't take tylenol, print photos, drink green tea, lime or citrus soda, mountain dew, use matches, use sandpaper, playing cards, or trading cards?

Nope

Quote by skeptopotamus
Hows that goin btw?

Brilliantly, I love it.
Watch discovery channel or w/e some time, and look for one of those shows on Lions or some ****. The animals that are hunted down are usually still alive while they are being eaten. That means being eaten alive. I doubt condisions are that bad for the animals we eat, because if they were then the meat quality would go down and less people would buy it. that means that people who are in the buisness lose money. Who wants that? I think we are doing the cows, pigs, and w/e else we eat buy raising them and eating them. We probably give them a quick death, and they are definatly not alive when we eat them.

sticke with what you believe though, thats just my opinion on the matter. I love meat, i eat it three times a day. I like animals too, and I like to believe i am helping certain ones by eating them.
Quote by Shattuck
I need some music that makes you envision a dark room illuminated by only candles and perhaps a creepy middle aged man in a bathrobe.

Quote by Skullbolt
Rape: Is it in you?
Quote by DigUpHerBones
Well I've been a vegetarian basically all of my life, and only a vegan for about half a week but I know that I'm going to stick with it for a long time. I just feel a lot better being one. I prefer vegan food to everything else, and I think it's wrong that humans farm animals for any kind of product.

But you don't feel bad about farming vegetables, which are also alive?

[/devil''sadvocate]
Page 1 of 5