Hello Ladies and more feminine ladies, yesterday I went on a trip to the great music shop which is Sounds Great Music.
Brilliant shop, full of everything, pedals, guitars, millions of amps, acoustics, and it even had a guy in a wheelchair.

I wanted to try and find an OD I could fall in love with, so I asked to try a few things, and we tried some fuzzes too.

Xotic AC booster
Nice pedal, I tried everything with my Strat and a Blues Jr, this got a pretty nice classic rock sound, couldn't make it ultra thick sounding though, and got a bit muddy when the gain was up high, best suited for lightish gain/boosting.

ZVex Box Of Rock
Best of the two, it had 2 channels, one was a boost (yellow light) and the other was the OD (red light). Sounded pretty beefy and you could get some great tones from it, sounded even better when the boost was engaged, it changed the tone a bit, made it more even and smoother, and louder. Great thing about this was you could use the boost by itself, and it sounded nice!

The thing is, none of these really spoke to me, and they were pricy, so I didn't buy anything.

I also tried....
RedWitch Fuzz God

Craaaaaaaaaaaaaazy pedal, fuzzed your eyebrows off and then stuttered a lot of crazy in your eyes, in a good way.
This pedal was mad, but in a completely amazing way, my mate bought it.
One of its controls was "crackle", that's all I remember.

ZVex Fuzz Factory
Took a long time to tweak, and a lot of hearing loss from the wierd screechy squeal, eventually got some good sounds out of it, and none of them were tame, but they were good. I could only get a few sounds out of this pedal, and they weren't to my fuzz taste... It was a great pedal though, just not so much for me.

And the last pedal I tried was the.........

Fulltone Deja Vibe
After a while of me not realising it wasn't working properly, I figured it needed a power supply, so I got one.

DAMN! This pedal is just a big orgasm. Sounded so damn beautiful I almost cried, I recommend this to anyone, and everyone.
It had volume, intensity and speed controls. Intensity adjusted the depth of the effect, and it had a vintage/modern switch, and a chorus/vibrato one.
I can't remember which gave me the best sound, I think it was vintage and chorus, and I got a big thick proper Uni-Vibe sound. Perfect for Hendrix etc.
I didn't buy that either..... I didn't need a Uni-vibe pedal, but damn it, I want one.

Just thought you'd all like to know.
Oh yea, after that trip, I gave into GAS and ordered a Fulltone OCD off the internet... There were none in the shop, or any shop I've ever been in. (I went to every shop in Denmark street too a month ago)
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
Quote by R_H_C_P
RedWitch Fuzz God

Craaaaaaaaaaaaaazy pedal, fuzzed your eyebrows off and then stuttered a lot of crazy in your eyes, in a good way.
This pedal was mad, but in a completely amazing way, my mate bought it.
One of its controls was "crackle", that's all I remember.

Best fuzz I've ever tried...

Interesting read, some of those sound really good, and I'll have to play with a few next time I go to a big shop. What sorts of sounds is the Box of Rock capable of? I've always wondered about those things, ever since I heard their Fuzz Factory. Glad you had fun ^^
Zach Vex pedals are really good. Both of these are great pedals, but I wouldn't get the Box of Rock, because I'm not rich enough. The Fuzz Factory is very complicated, but very very versatile and a very cool effect. The oscilation that you can produce with the stab. control can also be produced with the volume knob on your guitar. I own the Fuzz Factory, great pedal, I'm really pleased with it.
Class thread. What an amazing selection of pedals!!! where is this shop? Im looking for a nice OD myself, been thinking of a Route 66... not sure though, the OCD is awesome as well, good choice. Ive never seen one in a shop either actually, Guitar Guitar in Glasgow had 3 in stock and some dick came in and bought them all in one go lol.
The obligatory gear list: Gibson SG standard,Maverick F-1,Epiphone Sheraton,'68 reissuse Jap Strat, Orange Rocker 30 and various pedals.
Electro Harmonix Users Guild #30
The Box of Rock is capable of Marshally sounds, sort of cranked Marshall sounds really, nice tone, think 70's rock.

The shop's in Heald Green, Manchester.
Don't be afraid to care"

haha, finally got to try an AC booster eh. Shame you didn't like it, it's one of my favorite pedals. Admittedly though, I use it for more of a boost and a lot for solos. Very natural sounding drive though, and very sensitive to dynamics, much more than other od's I've tried. Really cool selection you got to try though, I really want to try the BoR. Good spam.

"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool." - W.S.
amp clips
amp vids
Quote by R_H_C_P
The Box of Rock is capable of Marshally sounds, sort of cranked Marshall sounds really, nice tone, think 70's rock.

The shop's in Heald Green, Manchester.

Cool. I'll definitely look into it, though I agree with you on the price of it. It's bloody expensive (not the most expensive of things, mind - I think the Red Witch costs more?) but if I like it, maybe I'll save for it. Or maybe not
The Red Witch was £140 or 150 I think.
Can't remember the price of the BoR, but I tried the Vexter version (not so fancy looking one) but it's still pricy, but quite worth it. Unless it's over £150, that's just too much.
Don't be afraid to care"

Quote by R_H_C_P
The Red Witch was £140 or 150 I think.
Can't remember the price of the BoR, but I tried the Vexter version (not so fancy looking one) but it's still pricy, but quite worth it. Unless it's over £150, that's just too much.

The vexter is £120, I believe.
It's £139 apparently from where I tried it. If you're lookin for a nice gainy OD I definately recommend it!
The OCD's coming tomorrow, so I'll tell y'all how it is.
Don't be afraid to care"

Quote by R_H_C_P
It's £139 apparently from where I tried it. If you're lookin for a nice gainy OD I definately recommend it!
The OCD's coming tomorrow, so I'll tell y'all how it is.

I got my Vexter series Fuzz Factory for £100, a special offer for £20 off. I got off GAK, I think
I meant the box of rock, I'm not sure how much the fuzz factory was there.
Don't be afraid to care"

Quote by R_H_C_P
I meant the box of rock, I'm not sure how much the fuzz factory was there.

ah, ok. I thought the Box of rock was nearer £220 for the vexter series
Quote by National_Anthem
Have a look at Peach fuzz, too, forgot who made it, but it's very nice

Frantone. Excellent pedal. As are the rest of their range, well worth a look.
The AC Booster is a must for anyone who plays single coil guitars. Not so much for an OD but for smoothing out your sound. You can roll the volume knob and control slight OD sound, But what I find best is taking out some of the treble on single coils.

If you are using the AC as a means of controling the top end it is pure Heaven. A must have for anyone who plays mostly singlr coil pups.
Breakfast; the most importent drink of the day.
^ it's essential to everyone's, but do they care???

Quote by timi_hendrix
You always manage to find such good shops, you slag.

That's because you're more of a slag, you.....towel.
Don't be afraid to care"

Really? Care to explain? I'd regard a towel much more important than a dishcloth, you know, less wet and so on, and much bigger.

How're you timi?
Don't be afraid to care"