Hey, the input jack on my guitar fell through completely. First the nut and washer came off and then i accidentally pushed the remaining jack into my guitar's body (which is a semi-hollow body). This is not under warranty and is a common problem as I am told. Does anybody know a way to fix this at home instead of taking it to a shop? Does anyone have any ideas on how to fix this at home?
I had this problem on my les paul i don't know how they fixed it but they used some blue gunk to make the jack grip better. It's probably best to take it to a store. Also i think this is in the wrong forum try electric guitar.
How do I fish the input back up? I have the nut and washer, that just fell off, not in like the jack.
i answered u in the thread u made in basics.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
So your just saying fish it up with a coat hanger? Isnt there a way to take my guitar apart to get it? Or perhaps something less complex, but more in depth than fishing for it?
This happened to my amp, and I tried fishing it out with a couple of toothpicks.
I dropped one and it's still in there now.
This has also happened to me, i had to send my guitar back to Germany where i got it from so they could sold it back together, because the connections where a bit f*cked after that...

buut, the inside on the jack should be ribbed u could fish it out with the jack input and then hold it in place with plyers and then screw the bolt back on, it may take an extra pair of hands though
* Output jack

Use is there like a silver metal plate around it?

If so, take it off and pull the input jack out, fix it to the metal plate with the nut and washer then put the metal plate back on.
Quote by Jiggy11
So your just saying fish it up with a coat hanger? Isnt there a way to take my guitar apart to get it? Or perhaps something less complex, but more in depth than fishing for it?

not really. other than moving the strings and trying to remove pickups to get at it.

again, ive answered u in ur other thread.
posting guitar questions in the pit isnt going to help.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011