what is a good bass guitar that will sound good while slapping and popping?
im addicted to pop and slap on my brothers bass, and i wanted to know what kinda pickups sound good for slapping.are active ones good for slapping?
im not looking to buy, im just a little curious.

so.....actives?passives?high output?low?humbuckers(ala Musicman stingray)?single coils(ala jazz bass)

humor me
Listens to Jazz

Quote by Local666Union
each time I piss in the dark I'm afraid that some wierd plant is going to eat my dick

It depends on the person. Some love the EBMM bucker roar, others (ala me) like the smooth jazz slap, others even like the p-bass slap. It's all preference. Active vs. passive isn't a huge factor but I do think actives get a little more punch.
well my slapping band mate(AMAZING SLAPPER!) has a jazz bass but he dosent really know anything about guitars and he wishes he had a bass just like flea's (musicman stingray) and he always b!tching about it....he says the active ibanez in our local store(preety cheap) sounds better to him than the J bass....so he wants an active bass but only got the j bass like a year ago.

what will you suggest him to save up for?
Listens to Jazz

Quote by Local666Union
each time I piss in the dark I'm afraid that some wierd plant is going to eat my dick

Quote by jazz_rock_feel
I guess the Stinger if he wants it.

yeah....he was looking at something a little cheaper....the stingray costs 4000 dollars here
Listens to Jazz

Quote by Local666Union

he uses a mexican jazz bass 60 aniversary.
and ya music123 will probably be a good place thanks man!
Listens to Jazz

Quote by Local666Union

Some of the Ibanezes have grooves in the body below the G and D strings making popping a lot easier, if you want to go for simplicity.
The will to neither strive nor cry,
The power to feel with others give.
Calm, calm me more; nor let me die
Before I have begun to live.

-Matthew Arnold

Arguments are to be avoided; they are always vulgar and often convincing.
OLP stingray = $300

or a p-bass special

or a schecter styley thing with active pups

or a fleabass xd.

and thats your lot really

Get off this damn forum and play your damn guitar.
$4000?!?!?!?!
i payed $1489 where r u ???

and i got my stinger mainly for slap and i love it

when Moses brought down the plagues upon Egypt one of them involved Behringer amps

Dont be so humble, your not that great....
where the hell does a stingray cost $4000. I mean in Australia there 2600 and thats still a rip off
Quote by Drmckool
without having read this thread and just seeing the title since i've been not on the forum for a month i'm just going to say

"why can't we be friends"