yesterday i ran in my first parkour jam, and it was pretty intense.
i think that it was one of the most fun things that i have done in a long time.

watching the people in the youtube videos and such brings you shock and awe, but until you actually get out there and try those things for yourself can you realize how incredible and athletic these people really are.

it was also extremely humbling, knowing that i was flirting with death more than i had ever before. jumping from roof to roof, if only 4-5 feet apart, is still quite an experience when you look down and you're 1-2 stories off of the ground.

all in all i think that parkour is something that im going to be looking into in the future, and i was wondering if anyone else here has had the joy of experiencing anything like parkour or freerunning?

(ps now my hands are all beat to **** and raw but still )
I haven't, but watching those videos never ceases to amaze me. I'd like to try it sometime, though.
Yeah, i can hold my own when it comes to Vaults ect.

But i havent had a chance to participate in a jam, and im kinda out of practise, as BMXing took a backseat to it recently. Plus, there are no really great spots around here :/
Member of Cryptozoology Group!

Quote by Ichimaru
It's simple to sound like them, tune your guitars down a couple of steps but don't worry if it's actually IN tune or not, then just plug in and throw your guitar out the window.
I live in Edinburgh, which is like perfect for pk.

Hurts like a bitch after your first practice doesnt it?
They make you jump off of buldings from the first lesson ??
i thought you had to train in the gym first
Quote by TalonbladE
Yeah, i can hold my own when it comes to Vaults ect.

But i havent had a chance to participate in a jam, and im kinda out of practise, as BMXing took a backseat to it recently. Plus, there are no really great spots around here :/

where i am there arent a lot of spots directly around my house, but there are a LOT within close driving range
firts ever time my friend and i had a serious go at it, he ended up falling through a garage roof and landing on a car. funny as hell tho
MARK ALL THAT APPLY:

[_] [_] [_] [_] [x]

Quote by cagnius
Shut up. Actually, higher mods...can we ban him for being a cunt?
I used to do this a few years back but I stopped due to a leg injury (non parkour related)a few of my friends still do it and are really ****ing good at it now.

I might start it up again it is a very liberating feeling - plus I need to excercise more.
Quote by RockFreak000
They make you jump off of buldings from the first lesson ??
i thought you had to train in the gym first

Its very much a street art.

Only a few organistaions teach (Urban Freeflow) Its very much a case of learning from others who you meet.
That stuff looks like fun, toobad I don't have many places too do it around here. Occasionally I do run around in the woods and jump off trees and ****, Nothing Urban about it
i wana try it so badly because it looks so cool, but i don't know anybody who does that around my place, but i have seen the videos for them, pretty amazing
Quote by garrett5
That stuff looks like fun, toobad I don't have many places too do it around here. Occasionally I do run around in the woods and jump off trees and ****, Nothing Urban about it

really ?