Im sure you've seen them in some music videos, the last one I can remember was in flyleaf's full alive video or something, but anyways when the instrument is 100% a single color, is it still practical?, im sure the paint would come off the frets and board pretty quickly but is having the strings and pickups and the bridge and everything else painted going to hamper the sound?
Probably....I just saw Prince's yellow custom thing the other day in DC, and i realized that it probably wouldn't work for much more than a music video because the fretboard was painted yellow...that would just scratch off from string vibrations, right?
well as long as the contact points are metal I think it would be okay. The fretboard I dont think would last long. I guess if you got a black rear routed guitar, ebonized fretboard, all black hardware, knobs and such it would sound good. But thats because they sell black hardware, but I dont know of any white parts.
I saw an old fender reissue with the finger board clearcoated so Im sure its doable. as long as you do it well Im sure it would sound ok just the paint would scratch eventually so unless your a big musician it isnt worth the money.
^ All maple fretboards are clearcoated.

Dean sells a model with the same colour fretboard and body, and a blakcheadstock and hardware.
Will says:
DON'T FEAR THE REAPER!
- SmarterChild - says:
I don't know if I can help it.

Member #6 of the "I play my guitar as high as Tom Morello does" club
Quote by Will_Minus
^ All maple fretboards are clearcoated.

Dean sells a model with the same colour fretboard and body, and a blakcheadstock and hardware.

I did not know that... but Ive seen that dean and I thought it was pretty cool
It's perfectly feasible, the way the strings contact a fretboard there's not a ton of lateral movement, which is what would wear off the paint most quickly.
Quote by corduroyEW
Cheap amps are "that bad". They suck up your tone like cocaine at Kate Moss' party.

I am Michael!
Quote by Will_Minus

i believe thats the dean ml noir?

someone should do a totally white guitar.
Quote by tubab0y
It's perfectly feasible, the way the strings contact a fretboard there's not a ton of lateral movement, which is what would wear off the paint most quickly.

yeah, especially with jumbo frets
powder coat the fret wire then lay it in the board?
Quote by Roc8995
Changing strings on a bigsby is alarmingly similar to flossing the teeth of a pissed-off sabertooth tiger while blindfolded.