Any fans of the dregs work? I know there are the odd Steve Morse fans on these forums. Favourite songs?
PLAY UP POMPEY

POMPEY PLAY UP!

the dregs are awesome! they are one of my new favorite bands. only started listening to them a few months ago. i go the albums Free Fall, What If, Industry Standard, Night of the Living Dregs, and California Screamin'. there wasn't a bad song on any of them. i'm still waiting for Dregs of the Earth, Unsung Heroes, and I may get The Great Spectacular.

i think the coolest song has to be cruise control off the album Free Fall. i love the part around 4 mins. pure awesomeness!
I'm quite surprised by the lack of dregs fans in here.

Lobster, my fav album has gotta be Night of the Living Dregs, long slow distance is such a beautiful song. Shame there aren't too many tabs out there for them.
PLAY UP POMPEY

POMPEY PLAY UP!

I like Tumeni Notes, but Amazon is charging ridiculous prices for their stuff so im kinda limited on my knowledge of the Dregs...guitartrade has a compilation pdf of Morse stuff in their lessons or magazines sections which is pretty good for tabs.
Thank God im an atheist
Dregs are awesome.
He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt.
He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would fully suffice.

Remember: A prudent question is one half of wisdom.

Click.
more dregs fans... excellent!

what's their stuff like after Industry Standard? i haven't heard any of it except for California Screamin', which is live. also has anyone ever heard macon bacon? i found it on limewire, but can't seem to find it anywhere else. is it a mislabeling? it's an awesome song...
i love the dregs theyre great funky refried chicken is awesome
can anyone tell me how to play that one steve morse lick with the palm muting he uses it around 1:52 in Aftershock as a reference
i love the Dregs, Steve Morse, Dave LaRue, T Lavitz, everyone in there, Morgenstein, etc.

they easily have the best music to my ears.

i really dig a lot of their country-tinged and classical type pieces a lot.

Pride O The Farm is awesome, but my favorite song by them has got to be Ionized or their cover of Shapes of Things, the bridge that Morse added to the Yardbirds' classic is incredible.
My last.fm
Quote by OMMad
i've always found pop to be harder to play than metal... especially shred metal... it's just really fast tremolo picking and the occasional palm mute... and the only chords you have to worry about are power chords...
yes they were to me, seemed like he was reaching the heavens with those tapped harmonics which he actually picks
My last.fm
Quote by OMMad
i've always found pop to be harder to play than metal... especially shred metal... it's just really fast tremolo picking and the occasional palm mute... and the only chords you have to worry about are power chords...
yep, best there is!
My last.fm
Quote by OMMad
Quote by Colton165
yes they were to me, seemed like he was reaching the heavens with those tapped harmonics which he actually picks

a.k.a. the "Artificial Harmonic"
yes, but you can tap on different harmonic nodes, and he will bring his hand up to the guitar neck to tap on a node that cant be hit whilst playing near the bridge

sometimes he'll play a harmonic with his picking finger tapping it and a normal note with his pinky. listen to "Long Lost"
My last.fm
Quote by OMMad