Hey there havent been on here in a while.. anyways i recorded a song i wrote a few months ago and would like peoples opinions on it thanks

willing to crit others songs just leave the link. ta

James

http://jamessalter.dmusic.com
Quote by fronkpies

i once laughed so hard i poo'ed on my auntie's carpet..

nice..
Well, i really really enjoyed that.
I loved the intro.
The solo was great, although lacked volume. But that's just a slight tweak.
The vocals i loved, obviously alot of time went into them.
If you were to release an album on the same par as that, i would definitely buy it.
Gear:
Gibson Les Paul Custom
Epiphone EDS-1275
Epiphone Les Paul
Schecter C-1+
Peavey Delta Blues
Hey Thanks for the kind words i have about 6 more songs that ive written in the same kinda style as this just gotta get round to recording them.
Thanks Again,
James
Quote by fronkpies

nice..
Hey, it is a well written song, you flow from each section of the song fluidly and it builds up well. In the first 7 seconds theres a guitar note played which sounds a bit off to me but other than that no problems with tune, key or melody.

My main problem with it is i dont think the levels are very good, only need a slight tweak but i think it could make a world of difference. I'm not keen on the cymbal sounds, the hi-hats are too hissy, as is the crash. The vocal levels are good in parts and too quiet in others. At 1.24ish a synth (i think) comes in, i think that level needs to go down or your vocals need to go up. It drowns out your voice and you have a good voice, it should be centre stage in the recording.

2.09 i love the solo, its a good testiment to your technical ability.

The vocals sound like you're singing in a tin box at the end, too reverby and too far away in the mix. Like i said, you've got a great voice bring it forward! I think this is a great song and you have a lot of talent, just some tweaks with the sound levels is all thats needed to make this album worthy.

Anyway hope ive been some help..
“I smoke. If this bothers anyone, I suggest you look around at the world in which we live and shut your f*ckin' mouth.” RIP
Http://www.Smash-it-up.tk
Hey There thanks yeah i aint to fond of the drums either i did them on my keybord and at the end i wanted to make it sound like it was fading away kind of thing, but with the rest im just getting use to the mixing stuff. Anyway thanks for the comment it means alot cheers.

James

EDIT :- when it all comes in i have a piano, synth, and a lead guitar all playing.
Quote by fronkpies

nice..
Last edited by ckyjames at Sep 5, 2007,
ahh i think its the synth thats a bit too loud. You mix pretty well but like i said, just little tweaks coz its a great song and it needs to have perfect levels haha. I know what you mean about keyboard drums. my bands drummer wasnt here when we recorded our demo songs, so we used a yamaha keyboard instead haha you can always tell them coz the cymbals hiss and the toms sound like bongos!
“I smoke. If this bothers anyone, I suggest you look around at the world in which we live and shut your f*ckin' mouth.” RIP
Http://www.Smash-it-up.tk
Hey, thanks for the crit. This is pretty cool man, at the start the second guitar seems out of tune, might be just me though. But when it gets into it, its really good. I like the drums actually, the cymbal is a bit weak but it isn't bad. The vocals are good too.