hey wat do u guys think about this amp? im thinking about buying it to play metal. does it have good enough distortion for modern metal? and its all tube right?

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Randall-RG50TC-50W-1x12-Guitar-Combo-Amp?sku=481197X
equipment:
Esp EC-1000
ibanez rg550
Peavey 5150 combo
Boss ML-2 Metal core pedal
DB-01 crybaby from hell

Quote by dubstar92
Tell the friend that due to an amp explosion you are now temporarily deaf and will judge her friend solely on looks.
yes it is all tube. and yes it has enough distortion for modern metal. excellent sounding amp =]
[IMG]http://img398.imageshack.us/img398/9148/dawhip005jf4.jpg[/IMG]

Quote by SuperSamuraiGuy
Thanks for answering all my question ssguitar

JCM900 FOR SELL!
I think it would do fine but try it out yourself ofcourse
Schecter C1 Classic
Fender Vintage -57 Ri Stratocaster
Fender Blues JR w/ 12"Cannabis Rex
Mad Professor Sky Blue OD
Wampler Ego Compressor
TC Electronics Stereo Chorus/Flanger
i havent been on the site. but get a fender amp they sound great for metal.. no need for ****ing pedals!!
Yes, it's 50W all tube which means it can get insanely "loud", will react great to any pedals or FX you throw into the mix, and it already has an overdrive and a high-gain channel. Every amp I've seen with a "high-gain / modern-gain" channel tries to hit that Mesa sounding metal / emo powerchord sound, since that's what many people want nowadays, so I'd bet it sounds great.

You should try it out if possible, or make sure there's a return policy in case it sucks or is really blemished badly - if it's really beat up, it'll be hard to sell it later in case you decide you don't like the sound.
looks like excellent bang-for-your-buck
"I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it."
Quote by uvq
i havent been on the site. but get a fender amp they sound great for metal.. no need for ****ing pedals!!

You sure? I tried to get a metal tone out of a Hot Rod Deluxe...didn't work out great. At least, not until I threw a pedal in front of it. *Shrugs*

Anyways, to the threadstarter: that Randall would probably do good for metal, so if you like it, go try it and then if you think it's what you need, buy it
Quote by uvq

Umm...what? You're kidding right?

That's probably the funniest thing I've heard all day.

Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by uvq

sigged

edit: i wouldve sigged but im a retard and cant fig out how to do it

Quote by SuperSamuraiGuy

JCM900 FOR SELL!
Last edited by ssguitar at Sep 4, 2007,
He's kidding guys...
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
Quote by ssguitar
sigged

edit: i wouldve sigged but im a retard and cant fig out how to do it

If I were one to do so, I'd have considered sigging that

Only kidding ^^

You know how to use the quote feature?
and
but without the spaces. So it'd be
but taking the spaces out of the quote tags

And I sincerely hope he was kidding, aznrockerdude
yea i know how to quote i just forgot how to get to the edit signature thing...but i fig it out.

Quote by SuperSamuraiGuy

JCM900 FOR SELL!
Quote by uvq

uhm... which fender are you talking about? i'd like to know.
Rig Winter 2017:

Fender Jazzmaster/Yamaha SG1000
Boss TU-3, DS-2, CS-3, EHX small stone, Danelectro delay
Laney VC30-112 with G12H30 speaker, or Session Rockette 30 for smaller gigs
Elixir Nanoweb 11-49 strings, Dunlop Jazz III XL picks
Shure SM57 mic in front of the amp
maybe he's talking about the abominations Fender keeps in it's basement when company is over. The Metalhead or Supersonic that people had high hopes about.
"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool." - W.S.
amp clips
amp vids
Actually, I quite like the Supersonic. Yeah, so I'd rather have the original amps, but the Supersonic is actually a good thing. It lets me have the sounds of two great Fenders in one package, and offers a good amount of gain. It's not great, but it is good

I was actually thinking he meant along the lines of an FM212R or something...lots of kids round here use those things for metal 0.o
Quote by Denthúl
Actually, I quite like the Supersonic. Yeah, so I'd rather have the original amps, but the Supersonic is actually a good thing. It lets me have the sounds of two great Fenders in one package, and offers a good amount of gain. It's not great, but it is good

I was actually thinking he meant along the lines of an FM212R or something...lots of kids round here use those things for metal 0.o

haha, yeah, didn't mean to insult anyone. I've heard a lot of mixed opinions on the Supersonic, mostly by metalheads expecting a Fender clean with teh brootalz gain.
"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool." - W.S.
amp clips
amp vids
yes and yes (relating to the original question)- try it out for yourself, though, just in case it's not for you.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
And then when they actually play it it's like "zomg I'm gettin' teh Line 6 Spider instead, it rockzorz"? Or something along those lines... I'm crap at such imitations