Page 1 of 2
ok, so here's the deal. my gf is in my current band. i joined this band about a month ago, even though i knew they play stupid poppy stuff. but i was'nt in any other band so i joined just for fun. now i've been trying to get them to play some real **** like LoG (i doubt if they can though) but they were like, we dont wanna play that crap man thats just noise, blah blah blah. so my point of posting this is, do i stay in the band and not risk losing a major hottie, or do i stay a defender of the faith and leave these enemies of metal? i want some real advice brothers!
Quote by Plus_the_Bear

Electric Wizard owns.

Quote by MrDURPEEDURP
electricwizard_ wins at common sense!!!

92% of teens have moved on to rap. If you are part of the 8% who still listen to real music, copy and paste this in your sig.
Dude, why would you even try to get a band that plays "stupid poppy stuff" to play something like LoG?

Is it to look all hardzcorez or something?
Quote by GLP_Arclite
Pooping is well good though, to be fair.

I've got a handle on the fiction.

I'm losing my grip, 'cos I'm losing my fingers.
First off Lamb of God is not "real ****." I'm not dissing it or anything, but there is much better music to be listening to. And it really depends just how passive you're willing to be. I mean, if you just want to get into this girl's pants, while i don't support that at all, i'd stick with it. If you actually care about her, then i think you know the answer.
Well...if shes a hottie then i would stay. But at the same time you should play what you really want to. hmmmm

I know, try mixing the two together.?
dude you're wasting your time. if you really want to be in a band and make music, leave that pathetic excuse for a band and play what you want to play.

even if the girl breaks up with you.
If your wiener is happy, then you're happy.
Quote by electricwizard_
ok, so here's the deal. my gf is in my current band. i joined this band about a month ago, even though i knew they play stupid poppy stuff. but i was'nt in any other band so i joined just for fun. now i've been trying to get them to play some real **** like LoG (i doubt if they can though) but they were like, we dont wanna play that crap man thats just noise, blah blah blah. so my point of posting this is, do i stay in the band and not risk losing a major hottie, or do i stay a defender of the faith and leave these enemies of metal? i want some real advice brothers!

I can't believe how much of a pain you really are.

You joined a band and tried to get them to change to suit you?

But wait, you like LoG...I apologise. I see you are truly too cool for school and that I must bow to you.

Oddly enough, at least I get the pleasure of seeing you humiliate yourself on an internet forum.

Continue.
Terms and Conditions apply.
Either realize different people have different tastes in music, or continue being a close-minded elitist and leave the band.
Quote by cagnius
I can't believe how much of a pain you really are.

You joined a band and tried to get them to change to suit you?
Ditto.
I think you are trying wayyy to hard....

One, big mistake to join a band with your gf, for the obvious problems that could be created by bann break ups or disagreements

Two, YOU joined THIER band, it was poppy, it remains poppy and if they stand against your LoG (which personally is a dumb example of a band to show pop/hip kids when trying to convert them to metal, try something less intense and heavy) then it aint changing.

Three, I doubt that if you quit the band, you lose the girl...

Four, if SOMEHOW that is true though, just find another band and be in two at a time, it wont hurt, you sound young so you wont have a job to limit your schedual so why not?
Don't be so arrogant and shallow. That's a good start.
The will to neither strive nor cry,
The power to feel with others give.
Calm, calm me more; nor let me die
Before I have begun to live.

-Matthew Arnold

Arguments are to be avoided; they are always vulgar and often convincing.
Take it to the Band Leading forum!
Quote by fukyu1980
LOL ! muther fuker i was gonna say that LOL!
Quote by Captain Insano
Find Some Poppy-Metal stuff. Maybe like The Rasmus.

And being in a band with your girlfriend is bad.

+1 on the girlfriend thing
There is more than one thing i have to say...
Would she...let you have sex with her on stage while playing? Cause if not, leave the band.
Catch me,
heal me,
Lift me back up to the Sun
I choose to live
Man, I hate when elitist metalheads don't think outside of ****ing metal once in their lives. They have every right to play the music genre they want in their band... If you really don't like, just tell them it's not your thing. No need to be a stuck up prick about it just because you think you're so high and mighty with your 'real,' music...
LoG?

Lawlz. j00 gawta devend mettlez main!! 4 teh on'ers n truff!!
Most of the important things

in the world have been accomplished

by people who have kept on

trying when there seemed to be no hope at all
Quote by Retribution
Never, ever, ever be in a relationship with someone in the band!

EVER!

It's what makes situations like this harder.

I can't stress this enough either.

just...
Catch me,
heal me,
Lift me back up to the Sun
I choose to live
In fairness, Lamb of God aren't a million miles away from being a pop band themselves .

They're the Girls Aloud of Metal...
Quote by cagnius
In fairness, Lamb of God aren't a million miles away from being a pop band themselves .

They're the Girls Aloud of Metal...

Lol, i like them but im going to have to agree there.
so, i'm guessing you are fourteen and mildly retarded, if she is your girlfriend she is not going to break up with you because you quit the band, she should understand creative difference. Second "Lamb of God" is "real ****?" When did that happen?
kill 'em a lot
Just leave, theres a huge number of people availible to replace you. They'll probably kick you out soon anyway, cause you're so ill-suited to the position.
Metal Forum Popular Vote Winner!!!

Quote by webbtje
Quote by dead-fish
And you're obviously here because you fancy Phill.
Phill is a very attractive guy...

"I'm so tempted to sig that, Phill" - Sig it then

Unless otherwise stated, assume everything I say is in my opinion.
If your girlfriend would dump you leaving a band she's in for the music she probably doesn't like you that much anyway. And what do you mean by poppy stuff? Metallica poppy or Coldplay poppy?

1st step: Ask your girl how she'd feel if you left, use arguments like your taste in music.
2nd step: Try to get the bandmembers more in the direction of your liking, send them a song every now and then (small steps). Maybe they won't mind playing some less poppy songs in the end.

Actually I agree with Cagnius but I'm just a nice guy I guess.
Quote by electricwizard_
so my point of posting this is, do i stay in the band and not risk losing a major hottie,

Do you have real feeling for her?
Quote by frankv
Metallica poppy or Coldplay poppy?

Greenday poppy.
Quote by Plus_the_Bear

Electric Wizard owns.

Quote by MrDURPEEDURP
electricwizard_ wins at common sense!!!

92% of teens have moved on to rap. If you are part of the 8% who still listen to real music, copy and paste this in your sig.
Quote by electricwizard_
Greenday poppy.

Again, what makes that a bad thing?

Get off your pious/elitist/bawsac (delete as appropriate) high-horse and stop being an arse.
If you're unhappy in a musical situation, at a detriment to both you and the band, get out! And it seems you don't see this girl as more than a "hottie", so if that's all you see her as, it won't be too major of a loss if she dumps you.

Although you're wrong about the lamest band thing...I once filled in on bass for the lamest band in the world:

www.myspace.com/tatteredsoulle

Listen to the song "Razerblades", you'll hear what I mean.
Quote by Grimme
I know plenty believe me. I've seen both Avenged Sevenfold and Bullet For My Valentine live, so don't tell me I don't know my metal.

www.myspace.com/awkwardsilencemusic
Dude, you joined their band. I mean, I'm all for LoG, love that metal, but you can't just join a band and say okay, stop playing what you like and play what I like. Just leave the band, but do it in a nice way and explain to your girlfriend that it's just not the kind of music you're in to.
Whitest Kid U' Know of the Bass Militia
PM Dinky Daisy to join

Originally posted by Civildp1
I can't drink tequila anymore. it makes me do terrible things. Terrible naked things.
Page 1 of 2