i had to get a filling for a cavity about an hour ago and i was wondering if i have to wait a certain amount of time before i can eat something
it doesn't hurt.. I think you wait for around 12 hours before you can eat. when you do, eat on the side you didn't get a filling in.
you can eat like an hour later dude. that thing aint going anywhere. just eat like a sandwich, not like hard candies and ****.
I ate right after it And I've had two fillings, each without numbing injections, and neither hurt...
Quote by MakinLattes
it doesn't hurt.. I think you wait for around 12 hours before you can eat. when you do, eat on the side you didn't get a filling in.

12 hours!! Holy Jesus the jew.

It's 1.5 hours, max.

And it hurts like medieval torture.
Dear God, do you actually answer prayers?

Yes, but only in a way indistinguishable from random luck or the result of your own efforts.
I haven't had fillings in years. I honestly thought you had to starve afterwards.. well, I guess I'll cross out "dentist" from my career list.
You can eat whenever you want, just make sure you don't chew through your cheek before the numbness wears off.
There's only one girl in the world for you
and she probably lives in Tahiti.
Give it an hour or two, the filling might come out. Fillings suck, I hate it when your mouth is numb and when you drink something you dribble everywhere >_>
The will to neither strive nor cry,
The power to feel with others give.
Calm, calm me more; nor let me die
Before I have begun to live.

-Matthew Arnold

Arguments are to be avoided; they are always vulgar and often convincing.
I usually eat a lot of softer food for a day or so afterwords, and then I go back to the regular stuff, just to be safe. Although I lost a filling awhile ago...the dentist made it too tall, so it was pressing on the tooth above it really hard when I chewed, so it loosened the filling. I was chewing some gum at work, and all of a sudden, I was missing a filling.
Quote by Grimme
I know plenty believe me. I've seen both Avenged Sevenfold and Bullet For My Valentine live, so don't tell me I don't know my metal.

www.myspace.com/awkwardsilencemusic
DONT EAT ICE CUBES,like a month after they were done i had ice cubes and it hurt worse then gettin kicked in the balls,so just to let ya know
It doesn't hurt. I don't even use freezing. The needle hurts the most, so I just tell them not to do it. And its like an hour after you can eat.
Quote by Dinkydaisy
Give it an hour or two, the filling might come out. Fillings suck, I hate it when your mouth is numb and when you drink something you dribble everywhere >_>

lol I kept asking my mum does my face look messed up because it bloody feels like it.