Poll: Which one should I go with?
Poll Options
View poll results: Which one should I go with?
The Floyd Rose
8 42%
Ibanez AX220QM surely!
11 58%
Voters: 19.
Yeah, I made a thread not too long ago, thinking of buying an Ibanez AX220QM

But then I came across something else...

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/navigation/floyd-rose-guitars-solid-body-electric-guitars?N=100001+306241+202807

I was thinking of buying one of the Floyd Rose Discovery series. I was thinking, since the Floyd Rose has a trustworthy tremolo, and the Ibanez don't, I might as well buy the Floyd Rose. Is the trem really trustworthy in Floyd Rose?

What about you guys?

btw, this is the link for the Ibanez AX220QM

Is the sound in Floyd Rose nice listening to?

And I play Guns N Roses, Radiohead, Lost Prophets, Paparoach, a7x, hope you get the idea...

Oh yeah, if there's any other guitar you guys would suggest, my budget which is $200
Well it's probably the cheapest guitar around with a original floyd rose, but it's a speedloader model right? You need special strings for those... For the stuff you like I think a fixed bridge will do fine because guitars around your budget normally have crappy tremolos. Check out the Ibanez or ESPs.

Edit; I need to start reading posts more carefully ... That ibanez you linked looks good... If you have a store nearby with both guitars(or something similiar) you should go try both of 'em out.
Weird Al = Awesome
Buckethead = Awesome
Ergo, Awesome = Buckethead = Weird Al
Quote by Hart_Attack
the logic... its. so. precise! you broke the code! hail Omni-Ragnarok for answering lifes biggest question, who is buckethead.
Last edited by Omni-Ragnarok at Sep 4, 2007,
That Ibanez has no trem on it... so there wouldn't any problems concerning any "trem".

Also, Ibanez have excellent trems as well that rival the Original Floyd Rose trem, so don't think all of Ibanez trems are ****. Here's a link:
http://lawl.net/gtr/trems
Yeah, I noticed those too. It has those special strings to be loaded. It's just that i thought if I have trem, I might be able to play more songs, which is a good thing.

Still, that's one thing I was considering. crappy trem means tuning problem, and I'm always so lazy to tune my guitar.
They've got one with an OFR, apparently.

But think about it: consider the cost of an OFR. Subtract it from the cost of that guitar. The remaining few bucks is what the quality of the guitar you're buying is worth. Still want it?
Fender Japan Stratocaster Ibanez Pro540 Power Ibanez Pro540 Saber Ibanez 430S Ibanez S540 Charvel LSXIII w/GraphTech Ghost MIDI Parker Fly Artist Ibanez S1220 Mesa F30 Roland GR20 Roland Microcube + IBANEZ TREMS STILL SUCK!
Quote by Mwoit
Also, Ibanez have excellent trems as well that rival the Original Floyd Rose trem, so don't think all of Ibanez trems are ****.

Sure... the Edge Pro is a great tremolo, just ask Satriani and Vai... But the Edge IIIs on the lower end models should come with a little coffin and the number of the Make a Wish foundation.
Weird Al = Awesome
Buckethead = Awesome
Quote by Hart_Attack
the logic... its. so. precise! you broke the code! hail Omni-Ragnarok for answering lifes biggest question, who is buckethead.
Quote by Mwoit
That Ibanez has no trem on it... so there wouldn't any problems concerning any "trem".

Also, Ibanez have excellent trems as well that rival the Original Floyd Rose trem, so don't think all of Ibanez trems are ****. Here's a link:
http://lawl.net/gtr/trems

Nah, I didn't mean that. I was just saying that the ibanez don't have trem, and the floyd rose has trem... Still, I have no idea about ibanez trem though. I heard some good things about floyd rose trem, but none about ibanez. This is why i turn to you guys
^ Ibanez tremolos :
Edge Pro - Awesome, in my opinion it's better than the FR
Edge Pro II - So-so, a FR is better
Edge III - Start the funeral preparations, it'll die in 6 months
Weird Al = Awesome
Buckethead = Awesome
Quote by Hart_Attack
Quote by Omni-Ragnarok
^ Ibanez tremolos :

Lo-Pro Edge? (that they've put back on the JS1000BTBs)
Why did Pat Metheney cross the road? He didn't, his hair got in the way
--
Member #1 of Ibanez > You club. PM me to join
The Ibanez is still the solid winner. Decent wood, acceptable electronics, beautiful. I am going by the specs and the picture. Don't know a thing about the FR guitars, but as someone else said, subtract the price of the FR and that's the difference. I would try them both out though as I don't know anyone who has either one.
Just one thing though that I'd like to ask... A stupid question, I think, but...

Can you install an additional tremolo on a guitar that don't actually have it installed originally?
Quote by Omni-Ragnarok
^ Ibanez tremolos :
Edge Pro= The Best
Edge Pro 2= It sucks monkey nuts, almost as bad as a Lo-TRS.
Edge III= It works great, while it works.
They sell aftermarket surface-mount trems. I wouldn't advise trying to route unless you are experienced.
Quote by KIDRoach
Just one thing though that I'd like to ask... A stupid question, I think, but...

Can you install an additional tremolo on a guitar that don't actually have it installed originally?

Yes. But as uldhppi said above, don't do the routing yourself unless you really know what you're doing. Take it to a pro.

AND: If you end up going for one of those Floyd Rose guitars, go for the Original Series, not the Discovery Series unless you feel like taking out a mortgage... In the long run the Speedloader strings will cost you roughly the same as a modern fighter jet.
get the ax as fast as you can

the previous "gen( i suppose you can call it)" had good features and materials for dirt cheap. the newest models arent as good. also considering they merged the ax and gax together, snap up this ax while you can
if you love bbe products join the "i heart bbe" group. kthnx (click link below)
http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/ilovebbe/

Quote by Dempsey68
get a cheap marshall... my MG15DFX has a button that simulates the sound of one of the expensive tube marshall amps.