I want to make my Les Paul sound more like a Strat. I want to do a parallel wiring scheme to eliminate the hum. the only thing is I want to do it without a switch to select series/parallel. Does anyone know how to do this or have a diagrahm online. I want it to be constantly in parallel wiring without switching back and forth. Thanks
Epiphone Les Paul (APH1 Alinco II Pros)
Mesa/Boogie Dual Rectifier
Ibanez Tube Screamer
Dunlop Crybaby 535Q Wah
Boss DD-3 Digital Delay
Humbuckers are designed to eliminate hum. If it's still there, it's a pedal, your amp, or bad wiring in the guitar. Coil taps are what I think you want...but I'm a little confused.
Quote by the.spine.surfs
Humbuckers are designed to eliminate hum. If it's still there, it's a pedal, your amp, or bad wiring in the guitar. Coil taps are what I think you want...but I'm a little confused.

Coil split, actually. He's saying he wants single coil tone, but without the hum...Which is what makes parallel wiring perfect for what he wants.
a les paul is a les paul, and it won't give you a strat tone.

honestly, you'd be better off using a push/pull pot to switch between series and parallel, it wouldn't be too difficult imo, and you'd get a tone that slightly resembles the hum-cancelling tones you can get from a strat, as well as being able to go back to the typical les paul sound. you'd just need 2 push/pull pots (if you want to be able to do it to both pickups) and probably some new pickups (unless the pickups you have are 4-conductor - you need 4-conductor humbuckers to switch to parallel anyway). I don't think having a parallel-only les paul is a good idea though. If you want a strat sound and only a strat sound, the best option is to get a strat imo .

Quote by forsaknazrael
Coil split, actually. He's saying he wants single coil tone, but without the hum...Which is what makes parallel wiring perfect for what he wants.

a parallel humbucker won't give a single coil tone - its kinda like a lower output humbucker sound, with a bit more balanced frequency response - kinda somewhere between a single coil and a humbucker, but more humbucker-like than a coil split.
Rig Winter 2017:

Fender Jazzmaster/Yamaha SG1000
Boss TU-3, DS-2, CS-3, EHX small stone, Danelectro delay
Laney VC30-112 with G12H30 speaker, or Session Rockette 30 for smaller gigs
Elixir Nanoweb 11-49 strings, Dunlop Jazz III XL picks
Shure SM57 mic in front of the amp
Last edited by Blompcube at Sep 4, 2007,