Well, let me start off by saying that I know the clip I am about to post sucks, I wasn't trying to play well, just see how well it would work to run a PC Microphone near my amp through my integrated realtek soundcard...

I gotta say, I thought it would sound nothing like a guitar -- sure, its really crap compared to a real rig, but it... works for lack of a better word. I have no cash, and will be using it for serious samples in the future, until I can actually afford better :p...

anyway, like I said, the playing sucks, I just jammed to a simple power chord riff (didn't bother keeping time really) then I went off on an extremely crappy solo where I missed a bunch of notes...

this is a sound quality sample, not a sample of my serious playing ability...

played with my strat through my ****ty spider II

http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/spiroth10/music/all/play65355

recorded through audacity...

seriously though, for what it is (a standard PC mic through the microphone plugin, and integrated sound, it actually comes out sounding like a guitar...

and yes, I know I have ****ty equipment...
Gear:

Jackson dk2m
MIM strat
peavey jsx 2x12 combo
Recording King RDC-26
Digitch RP1000
Crybaby 535Q
i thought i was rather good, considering your rig and recording setup
"F*ck off with your sofa units and strine green stripe patterns, I say never be complete, I say stop being perfect, I say let... lets evolve, let the chips fall where they may." -

Tyler Durden
normal mic usually works just fine ive done the same and it works
Quote by Dillona
I think I want to have sex with you.

On topic: No, I haven't met any famous artists.

ofcourse i laughed xD

Quote by CoreysMonster
yeah we're all dead now. Turns out we've been in hell all along.

About the LHC

Quote by gallagher2006
It;s...okay

obviously... I didn't expect it to be great, just from what I've been hearing it would come out like crap... its actually usable for me, for now at least...
Gear:

Jackson dk2m
MIM strat
peavey jsx 2x12 combo
Recording King RDC-26
Digitch RP1000
Crybaby 535Q
Buying a new microphone doesn't actually improve the sound much, it's only when you have good preamps and the like that you hear the difference.

I used a pound shop mike until about april, and when I switched to JTS dynamics, the sound cleaned up, but wasn't too different. Even the Electrovoice RE20 I borrowed wasn't too much different.

It's really the interface and program that gives you the quality lift, secondary only of course, to skill and experience.