Page 1 of 2
Bands like H.I.M. and Cradle of Filth are really big in europe but not many people in america know much about them. Are there any other bands like that??
Alot of Metal is.
Dissonance is Bliss

Signal Chain:
Carvin CT-4
Ibanez TS-9
Carvin Quad-X
TC Electronics G-Major
Mesa/Boogie 2:90
Ear Candy BuzzBomb

Member #4 of the Carvin Club
Muse, I know they have a pretty big following in the US, but I've only met a few people that have even heard of them. It just might be where I live though.
Quote by metallinutter
oasis

I don't know about that...I think everyones heard of Oasis, regardless of geographic location
Quote by Godsmack1310
Bands like H.I.M. and Cradle of Filth are really big in europe but not many people in america know much about them. Are there any other bands like that??

Both of those bands have a cult following in the US.

I would know. It's annoying.
Click for charity.

Pidgeot of the Pokemon Club
PM Calebrocker to join.

92% of UGers jump on annoying bandwagons. Don't put this in your sig if you're one of the 8% with an opinion.
Sonata Artica is pretty big in europe. Most people i know havnt even heard of them.
Amorphis is another.

But HIM is getting well more known in the us and canada now.
^muse are huge in the U.S.
Quote by unfathomable_bo
As far as users go, lisagabe is sub par at best

my gear:

Ibanez SA260, EMG pups, Original Floyd, and Schaller locking tuners tuners

5150 III 4x12 Cab

LOOKING FOR NEW TUBE HEAD!!!!
P.M. If your selling one!!!
HIM is so big in europe that they got boo'ed of stage all over the Sick of the studio tour xD
Quote by ealtdharkon
Sorry to break this to you, but you "hardcore" fans don't HAVE mosh pits.
You have epileptic line dancing.

Quote by NotTheSun3290
Well... I AM a virgin, afterall...
exactly how big is radiohead in europe? They're decently known here but not really.
Quote by YourMessiah666
Sonata Artica is pretty big in europe. Most people i know havnt even heard of them.
Amorphis is another.

Sonata Arctica are the worst kind of metal you possibly could get IMO.
Quote by lisagabe
^muse are huge in the U.S.

Then perhaps they're just not well known where I'm from. I live in the middle of a cultural wasteland, the people around here are litteraly mindless drones....our local pass time is drinking yourself stupid, and complaining about liberals....I don't know why I still live here.
Quote by bushey37
exactly how big is radiohead in europe? They're decently known here but not really.

Radiohead are well known in europe.
How has the whole Shoreditch thing been received in the States? Bands like The Artic Monkeys, Babyshambles, Bloc Party, Kasabian, Franz Ferdinand and Kaiser Chiefs are all huge in the UK at the moment. They having any impact over there?
Quote by bushey37

I'd say Radiohead are a lot bigger in Europe than the US.
oh god, ALOT of metal and hardcore bands...
світ втомився від вас
whats bout indie british stuff like the kooks
or the feeling or razorlight not that i like them much kinda get annoying after a while
Quote by Tehzekester
Power metal mostly.

definitely true, it's a lot bigger over there than it is here
I wish more people knew about Dragonforce in the U.S. They're just...amazing. They'll be on Guitar Hero III too .
Quote by IcePh0enix
I wish more people knew about Dragonforce in the U.S. They're just...amazing. They'll be on Guitar Hero III too .

I'm glad more people don't, they're like the 50 Cent of power metal. Just like there's better hip-hop/rap than 50 Cent, there's much better power metal too, power metal without SNES sounding guitars and horrible vocals.
Quote by Godsmack1310

blindside is a really good band from sweden i think there on the soundtrack to the movie grind
Quote by UndeadPirate
whats bout indie british stuff like the kooks
or the feeling or razorlight not that i like them much kinda get annoying after a while

I'm an American that loves The Feeling!
Haha but no one else I know has heard of them =\
I'm spreading the word though!
Love is watching
Someone die.
Rammstein is heaps good Metalish/death metalish.I recomend it.
Quote by david_highland
Muse, I know they have a pretty big following in the US, but I've only met a few people that have even heard of them. It just might be where I live though.

heh... love muse...

Dragonforce too man, they rock!
Alter Bridge, Lacuna Coil, Within Tempation, and DragonForce are bigger in Europe than the US...
Last edited by SmileOfHavok at Sep 25, 2007,
Quote by Godsmack1310

H.I.M is pretty well known in america, and so are cradle. the 69 eyes are pretty obscure in america though
why is it that almost every band thats been posted, I've heard of, and most of them i listen too, and most of them all my friends listen to? I live in the US, those bands really aren't that obscure. you could of course go into some of the black metal, falkenbach and naglfar? those guys are fairly obscure
Quote by pmc100
How has the whole Shoreditch thing been received in the States? Bands like The Artic Monkeys, Babyshambles, Bloc Party, Kasabian, Franz Ferdinand and Kaiser Chiefs are all huge in the UK at the moment. They having any impact over there?

thankfully almost none at all. although i've heard all of them play. Franz Ferdinand have a decent following though
All I have heard of is Arctic Monkeys, Bloc Party, Kaiser Chiefs, and Franz Ferdinand.
All I regularly listen to is Arctic Monkeys and Franz Ferdinand though.
Love is watching
Someone die.
i must say though, when people ask questions like this, most musicians have heard of the bands. i have heard of all the bands on this page, and heard most of them play music on CDs. but someone else (not a musician) probably wouldn' t have heard of most of these bands.
98% of teens have been around or have had alcohol. Put this in your sig if you like bagels.

member number five of the Omar Alfredo Rodriguez-Lopez fan club

creator/owner of the yankees fans group
I'm a musician... I just classify 'heard of' as meaning I could name songs they play, and identify them. Of course I have heard there names before.
Love is watching
Someone die.
Blur.
Ain't Nuthin' But a UG Thang: Generic member of the UG Hip Hop/Guitar Music Equality Illuminati

Quote by mydarkesthour

It seems like UG is full of those Caveman Metalheads

Quote by mydarkesthour
I meant caveman as in long haired....

Page 1 of 2